• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

DNC24

Hi everyone,

From what I can gather, I'm not alone in the type of forum member that I am - I'm not yet diagnosed, but I'm fairly certain that I am autistic to some degree.

I'm a 42 year old male who was diagnosed with depression at 17, but I'm starting to feel that there's something more to it than that. While they're not an official diagnosis, all the quizzes and check lists have all pointed towards autism, so I'd like to have it confirmed.

Just waiting on the diagnosis now!

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

welcome to af.png

Hi everyone,

From what I can gather, I'm not alone in the type of forum member that I am - I'm not yet diagnosed, but I'm fairly certain that I am autistic to some degree.

I'm a 42 year old male who was diagnosed with depression at 17, but I'm starting to feel that there's something more to it than that. While they're not an official diagnosis, all the quizzes and check lists have all pointed towards autism, so I'd like to have it confirmed.

Just waiting on the diagnosis now!

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.
Lovely to have you here. Hope the forum brings you plenty.

If you don't mind me asking - as I'm not dissimilar to you from that quick description - what brought you to the point where you started to look at ASD as a possibility, and then seek diagnosis. If you don't want to say, no problem, you're not obliged to.

HI @DNC24

Welcome to the Forums. Note that self diagnosis is fully acceptable in the autistic community. There are many online tests to get a sense of whether autism might describe you.

If you don't mind me asking - as I'm not dissimilar to you from that quick description - what brought you to the point where you started to look at ASD as a possibility, and then seek diagnosis. If you don't want to say, no problem, you're not obliged to.

After all these years of living under a diagnosis of 'depression' I was starting to wonder if that was the actual case, as I just didn't feel right. I looked around at the way other people my age were living and behaving and I just felt like the way I am isn't quite 'normal' - so I'm under the impression that my mental health isn't limited to depression, and autism seems to tick all the boxes.

New Threads

Top Bottom