• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello (M39, Finland)

The most popular chocolate in Finland is Fazer's Blue, which people often eat like bread :D

So that's why you Finns are constantly on top of the "happiest people on the planet" list, you eat chocolate like bread. :D Chocolate sandwiches. You also drink the most coffee, chocolate and coffee, no wonder Finns are happy.

Hi and Welcome
Self - diagnosis is quite usual in the autism community, so do hang around here a while, get to know us, join in the chat. You are welcomed in

So that's why you Finns are constantly on top of the "happiest people on the planet" list, you eat chocolate like bread. :D Chocolate sandwiches. You also drink the most coffee, chocolate and coffee, no wonder Finns are happy.
Finland is also 4th when it comes to ice cream consumption per capita. :D At least there is a correlation...

Oh dear, l also remember vodka consumption was quite high, perhaps due to the snow. Piroshkis in Finland are the best snack, and they hold a special place in my heart. But l skipped rolling in the snow after sauna. Lol

Last edited:
Finland is also 4th when it comes to ice cream consumption per capita. :D At least there is a correlation...

Unlimited chocolate, icecream and coffee. Saunas everywhere and 75% of the country is forest. You guys must be deliriously happy. ;)
Finland is a very nice place.

Oh dear, l also remember vodka consumption was quite high, perhaps due to the snow.
I found some unofficial statistics according to which we are number 8 in vodka consumption globally. It seems to me that we consume a bit too much of everything, getting lots of calories! This is getting interesting. Well during winter times it's easy to cool down the bottle, just put it in the snow...

Unlimited chocolate, icecream and coffee. Saunas everywhere and 75% of the country is forest. You guys must be deliriously happy. ;)
Finland is a very nice place.
Maybe it's also about being easily satisfied. I mean this is no paradise during the slush season...

I found some unofficial statistics according to which we are number 8 in vodka consumption globally. It seems to me that we consume a bit too much of everything, getting lots of calories! This is getting interesting. Well during winter times it's easy to cool down the bottle, just put it in the snow...

I now suspect that the vodka and coffee could be where the sisu comes from... Combined with all the ice swimming and sauna, you have to have extraordinary determination and hardiness to deal with all that. ;)

I also enjoy sanding and polishing/waxing wooden and metal items, it gives me a peace of mind. Some collectible items I leave as they are. I'd be interested to see some pictures of what kind of brass items you have produced.

My stamp collecting is currently offline but I'm always interested to have a look. At least I can help you with assessing whether there is something of collectible value. Most stamps do not have much value nowadays unless they are rarities or part of a thematic collection. Please send me some pics of your stamps and I'm happy to check them out.
My stamp collection is just torn-off envelope corners, and a few improperly cancelled ones as a special interest. I could spread out a sample to photograph, or just put them in the mail.
Progress on my new brass project is slow, but here's a couple of things I made. I've made hundreds of smaller versions of the ankh, in brass and silver.
Ankh.JPG

BrassMisfit.JPG

Can you tell that the polished hammer is my favourite tool? I remove any other tool marks, but like the facets from hammer work.

My stamp collection is just torn-off envelope corners, and a few improperly cancelled ones as a special interest. I could spread out a sample to photograph, or just put them in the mail.
Progress on my new brass project is slow, but here's a couple of things I made. I've made hundreds of smaller versions of the ankh, in brass and silver.View attachment 100660
View attachment 100661

Can you tell that the polished hammer is my favourite tool? I remove any other tool marks, but like the facets from hammer work.
Sure, a sample photo would work. This reminds me that I still have about a hundred Icelandic stamps to organize and put in the folder, they've been waiting for a couple of years...

Wow I love the hammered finish on those. What's the significance of the ankh symbol for you?

Sure, a sample photo would work. This reminds me that I still have about a hundred Icelandic stamps to organize and put in the folder, they've been waiting for a couple of years...

Wow I love the hammered finish on those. What's the significance of the ankh symbol for you?
In ancient Egypt, the ankh was a symbol of the annual renewal of life. To me, it is a shape that sells without being custom-ordered. No two came out the same, so people could select "theirs."
I had several full-time jobs, but never for more than two years. I'd save up to do something more interesting.

Maybe it's also about being easily satisfied. I mean this is no paradise during the slush season...

I've read that Fins are the happiest because they know when they have enough and are content with what they have. That's very different from America where no one ever thinks they have enough of anything.

I've read that Fins are the happiest because they know when they have enough and are content with what they have. That's very different from America where no one ever thinks they have enough of anything.
I think there is a sense of modesty in the Finnish society (and maybe Nordic in general) which means that we don't have to aim higher than someone else to compete. Trying to show off and on the other hand being jealous are tickets to unhappiness. But to be honest, it's not always like that even here: there's a saying that a Finn will pay 100 euros to prevent their neighbour from getting 50. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom