• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone, new to all this!

I don't Do make- up and high heels. Too uncomfortable for me. Yeah, I think it's better to look younger too. With me being very quiet I think that affects it also. I probably look a bit older now because my hairs really short and I've put weight on. It normally came off work colleagues, I'm a stay at home mum atm, so haven't heard it in a while anyway.
At least when sales people come to the door I normally pretend my parents aren't in, so I don't have to deal with talking to strangers.lol.:)
I hope this isn't a silly question, but is your profile pic of you?
Is your avatar a picture of you?

No, don't be, it's impossible for anyone to know all the series out there.
Ha! I feel like I should sometimes. I'm one for being a couch potato and block watching loads of series. I was actually looking forward to starting Fargo s3 tonight, but my partners gone to a birthday bash and wants me to wait for him. Is Ophan Black good?

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. I know that I have drawn much comfort from being here. Now I realize that I am not totally alone. I've always known that I was different from others. I got bullied a lot. I learned how I believed the proper response and behavior was for most expected situations. If you are fortunate enough to make one true friend that understands and accepts you for who you are you have truly accomplished something that many here have not.

Ha! I feel like I should sometimes. I'm one for being a couch potato and block watching loads of series. I was actually looking forward to starting Fargo s3 tonight, but my partners gone to a birthday bash and wants me to wait for him. Is Ophan Black good?
You're asking a fan. Yes it is.

Welcome to the club. I know that I have drawn much comfort from being here. Now I realize that I am not totally alone. I've always known that I was different from others. I got bullied a lot. I learned how I believed the proper response and behavior was for most expected situations. If you are fortunate enough to make one true friend that understands and accepts you for who you are you have truly accomplished something that many here have not.
Thank you for the welcome. :) yes. I feel a I can relate to what alot of people post here. It seems such a lovely supportive group. I'm really greatful for my partner, daughter and couple of real life friends I have at the moment. The copying social responses, I always thought that was what everyone had to do, I couldn't fathom how they coped or their conversation flowed so easily.
Nice to meet you.

Thank you sooo much! What a lovely response. It really means alot. You've given me a confidence boost already tyrants1212!
Yeah, the nasty friend I felt a bit off about for years, Im just really slow at dealing with stuff. So good riddance. The other one seemed so genuine, so that's what through me off. But they wouldn't let me explain and most importantly I would never intentionally hurt anybody, let alone two best friends. So I'm slowly feeling good about not having to deal with their drama anymore. I'm trying to forget them, just keep thinking maybe this or that is why. From what I've read up over analysing and not getting over stuff is an Aspie trait. So it's probably just that.
I too used to think I was a bad person, but like you I could never really help my behaviour. Us aspies are awesome tho.
I'm also relieved you had the drugs comment. I m such a goody goody and teetotal, it really hurt my feelings.
Yeah I'm soo in love with my partner, he's my best friend aswell. Unfortunately he's just been diagnosed with Mutiple sclerosis. Other than that were a really happy family.
I also get paranoid that the couple of friends I do have left will leave me like the rest. I seem to go through patterns of thinking I'm getting a hang on life, then things regress. I don't think I can have to much on at once.
You seem a wonderful person, really easy to talk to. I really appreciate the advice it made my day! :) . Im really sorry your feeling a bit depressed, and self hating. What's helped me the most so far Is getting an official diagnosis and try to tell myself that I have a disability and all my problems are now quite rationally explained. When I was child/teenager and younger adult I was always convinced I could 'try harder' ( not helped family constantly saying this to me) and build myself up to fail, this I belive made me quite depressed. But Im not sure how I got out of it. I think it was my partner helping me, mostly by being similar and actually understanding me. Sorry I don't have good advice in return. If you want to meet someone maybe once you feel better you could try online dating, seems easier these days. Maybes there's one for aspies?? I'm not sure,I never used one.
If you completed a degree/college and job with nice boss and co-worker that is half the battle. I've had terrible problems in education/ work.
Wish you all the best tho! :) x

Oh my God, that's terrible - I'm really sorry this is happening to your partner. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I feel like I regress all the time, and in reality I'm extremely hard to get along with. And you're very welcome about the advice, by the way. I've always been afraid of online dating because of the possibility of a creepy stalker doubling as my "soulmate". So many people just suck, they plain suck. Can't believe your other friend was fake. Fake friends should all just rot; I'd rather have a thousand honest enemies. I always overthink and I never let go. Hey, you're trying to forget about these so-called people - keep on doing that. They've never existed, nor do they exist now. Don't even say "best friends". They're lousy worthless NOBODIES.

I'm always paranoid about my friends leaving me and I'm always paranoid about everyone picking on me when they're not. I had a meltdown today regarding that, and all that triggered it was a friendly safety tip.

I have a nice boss and nice coworkers but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a very difficult person to get along with. I've driven them all crazy multiple times, there's hardly anyone that's ever been 100% patient with me. Can't blame them.

I've joined a local Aspies Meetup group today, we'll see how it goes. I just hope the meetups are not far because I hate driving and I do NOT use freeways. I get picked up and dropped off by other people most of the time.

Welcome Soona, I love your profile pic, Kurt Cobain was a brilliant man.

I am 29 and waiting for assessment.

You'll definitely find lots of support and advice and friendly faces here :)

Oh my God, that's terrible - I'm really sorry this is happening to your partner. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I feel like I regress all the time, and in reality I'm extremely hard to get along with. And you're very welcome about the advice, by the way. I've always been afraid of online dating because of the possibility of a creepy stalker doubling as my "soulmate". So many people just suck, they plain suck. Can't believe your other friend was fake. Fake friends should all just rot; I'd rather have a thousand honest enemies. I always overthink and I never let go. Hey, you're trying to forget about these so-called people - keep on doing that. They've never existed, nor do they exist now. Don't even say "best friends". They're lousy worthless NOBODIES.

I'm always paranoid about my friends leaving me and I'm always paranoid about everyone picking on me when they're not. I had a meltdown today regarding that, and all that triggered it was a friendly safety tip.

I have a nice boss and nice coworkers but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a very difficult person to get along with. I've driven them all crazy multiple times, there's hardly anyone that's ever been 100% patient with me. Can't blame them.

I've joined a local Aspies Meetup group today, we'll see how it goes. I just hope the meetups are not far because I hate driving and I do NOT use freeways. I get picked up and dropped off by other people most of the time.
Hiya! Aww thanks for the condolences,yeah M.S such a shock diagnosis, Its been 12 months from his first Mri. All auto immune and neurological conditions are awful to live with. I still cry about it now, it's such a grieving process. I must say we're very grateful his health atm has stayed pretty good. He hardly ever needs to use his stick.
Oh yeah, didn't think about that with the online dating, there's some nasty people out there, unfortunately.Its a shame people like that spoil such things. I really like how lots of things can be done online nowadays, it's sooo much easier for me personally.
Your right! time to forget about them two. I wiped all trace of them off my phone the other day. It's actually a big step for me. I tend to be too forgiving and needy.
I'm sorry you had a meltdown. They sure do suck, I get really embarrassed afterwoods. My partners worse off then me, he has them more often. I always think people are telling me off when they're not,Or critizing me.I do it with everyone. I have no idea how to try to overcome this? I'm sure it's a bit to do with bullying in the past. I might need a book on trust issues or something like that?
Hey well done on finding a group!:) there isn't one near me. Just one for children with ASD. They're thinking about creating one for adults in the near future. So fingers crossed.
Aw cool you can drive! You should be proud. I know it doesn't sound like alot to some but I've been trying on and off for years, currently learning, I have trouble with reaction time and communicating with the instructor.
Hopefully you can manage to get there ok?

Welcome Soona, I love your profile pic, Kurt Cobain was a brilliant man.

I am 29 and waiting for assessment.

You'll definitely find lots of support and advice and friendly faces here :)
Hiya Ksheehan! thanks for the welcome!
Aww Kurt, I do love him and Nirvana!
I always draw and paint pictures of him.
Good luck with your assessment :)

New Threads

Top Bottom