• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone used Hiki?

It's zoomed into someone's lower torso, and says "dates" in the first sentence.

Um.. I don't think it's a normal aspie app.

It's zoomed into someone's lower torso, and says "dates" in the first sentence.

Um.. I don't think it's a normal aspie app.
It does sound a bit crazy when you look at it that way :D However I'm checking it out now and it looks pretty cool. You can choose to make friends, not necessarily dates. And there seems to be all kinds of people on there.

I tried it once. There aren't a lot of people on it, and people are picky as heck on it just like the real world.
I think a lot of its members are unsurprisingly scared to meet in-person too even if you're close by etc.
Interesting idea, but not a fan of it personally.

I downloaded Boo. It gives people tips on how to flirt with me. But I haven't used it yet.

Handy notes to have to give to people anyway.

I might check out Hiki but I doubt there will be any locals there.

I'm on the waiting list for autism connect which is going to be like a NZ forum/chat/meetup site. I think it's still another month or two until it's online

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_223914.jpg
    IMG_20230901_223914.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230901_223955.jpg
    IMG_20230901_223955.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230901_224036.jpg
    IMG_20230901_224036.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230901_224156.jpg
    IMG_20230901_224156.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 15
I haven't used it (for that matter, I haven't used any dating or friendship app, though I am on meetup), but I just want to caution that any group that is created for autistics but allows anyone self-identifying to participate may attract some people with... less than good intentions (i.e. predators), and that users, especially women, should take caution.

Has anyone ever heard of Hiki and ever tried it? Just curious because it’s an app where people who have autism can chat with others. I think it’s interesting.

Nope, never heard about it. Dating apps and I... well, we don't get along.

Are there a lot of people there? Any idea on age range?

The premise of focusing on autistic persons is nice in theory. However there are countless predators who would likely be there thinking we make for easy prey, whether to be cruel or simply steal everything we have.

Interesting yes. But also fraught with too much risk on so many levels.

Similar exposures as this website...though it is heavily moderated. I just don't see expanding on such an inherent exposure, preferring to limit it to this one site . The amount of fraud and predatory practices online is already over-the-top. Especially when it comes to dating. "Watch your six".

Last edited:
Has anyone ever heard of Hiki and ever tried it? Just curious because it’s an app where people who have autism can chat with others. I think it’s interesting.
Yes, I am currently using it. But, I cannot say really that there are an overwhelming number of people on there. I have noticed that the matches are recycling too.

Also, the application is kind of cumbersome, because you cannot just swipe to indicate interest, you have to select a relationship type for each person, and it is weird. I would have it such that you indicate on your profile what you are looking for, and then a match is a match, and you start talking.

I use Hiki. I’ve met one woman on there in person who I’m friends with.

Like other dating apps I use, many of the people I like there don’t like me back; and those I do connect with often tend not to respond to my chats, or they disappear or ghost. Also, the people I pass on always show up later as potential matches.

Nope, never heard about it. Dating apps and I... well, we don't get along.

Are there a lot of people there? Any idea on age range?
You don’t have to join to date. You can join to find friends. It’s 18+ to be on the site.

I'm using Hiki. I feel at home there because there are people on there also on the autism spectrum. I haven't met anyone from there yet, but I remain optimistic. I've participated in some great discussions there.

Unbelievable. There was a scammer on Hiki. I sort of sensed she was one. Luckily she got removed and nothing dangerous happened between us.

I’m back on it again now.

I’ve had some good conversation, but the problem is there are no filters and women are so, so far away. I did have one I messaged/texted back and forth for nearly three months.

New Threads

Top Bottom