• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friendships

Mugzy Storm

Hi y'all!!

Super new to forums of any kind.... I found this through Facebook so I wanna give it a go!!

So I have Aspergers. (My diagnosis isn't fully finished as I have to pay for a psychologist to finalize it) I find I have a super hard time with friendships!! I have several really close really amazing friends who accept me but trying to make new friends is way hard!! I find it hard to keep them cuz they maybe don't understand me??

Anyone have this issue?? I want friends I actually love to socialize (I often am told I'm not autistic because of this) but they don't want me..... [emoji20]

Hi and welcome to AC :) Facebook? Didn't know AC was advertised on there, but I guess I'm a dinosaur with "social" media :D

I want friends I actually love to socialize (I often am told I'm not autistic because of this) but they don't want me..... [emoji20]
One thing many people don't realize is that autism isn't one-size-fits-all. Some of us prefer solitude, while others want to be around people but lack the understanding of subtle social cues necessary in most interactions.

Welcome. :)

Welcome to the AC Forum :)

You will find many others who share your parts of the spectrum and friendly helpful people here
As Ereth said,no two of us are alike,but we do understand
many of the related issues

5HTP and GABA work for me. I also find that pot has a lot of beneficial effects. I just have to be careful what strain I smoke. Indicas often make me feel like ripping my wrists open.

I have a really hard time making friends too! Right now I have only 2 friends, and cant seem to find anymore..it sounds really pathetic, and I feel pathetic saying it...I'm insecure when it comes to the quantity of friends I have, the lack of I should say and that they will get bored of me and leave me, or that I won't find people who really get me and want to listen to me..

I've found that, generally, friends that really understand me are few and far between. Like you I have a core group of friends who I regard as my true friends, and it's very hard to "add" to this group. I've come to accept this over time, because I know that when I find someone who I really "click" with it will be obvious and the friendship will be easy(ish). No 1 most important trait for me is someone who isn't clingy and wants to hang out constantly... I prefer friendships where I don't necessarily have to see the person all the time to remain close, because planning social interaction is so draining.

So identify what you really need in a friend, and just be patient! You will find people as you go through life. Even though social situations can be really hard, exposing yourself to different groups and environments will give you a better chance of finding more people like yourself :)

New Threads

Top Bottom