• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Free things to watch and or do online

Mia

V.I.P Member
As we are mainly restricted to not going out anywhere for a few weeks where I am. I've managed to find a few things online to alleviate boredom. Please add favourite links of websites that may be of interest to others:

1,150 Free Movies Online: Great Classics, Indies, Noir, Westerns | Open Culture

1,150 free movies online

Some are classics, art movies, indies, noir and western

Download Free Coloring Books from 113 Museums | Open Culture

Free museum colouring books as well as other links to free audio books, language lessons.

Last edited:
My Firefox browser is flagging the free movie website as "not secure"

Mine has indicated that, as well as it's on 'strict' watch. Yet when something is flagged as not safe it may be for a myriad of reasons:

Ecommerce Safety Information
Domain Validated SSL
No information about the site has been validated. Your data is protected, but providing personal and financial information is not recommended.

Home

Documentary Heaven

Watch free documentaries online, dependent on the countries you reside in, some will be blocked and others available.

Google maps is always my favourite. It never gets old

Ed

On that note, Google Earth is recommended for anyone with access to a VR headset. Basically Google Maps, except you're inside it and can fly for some reason. It's usually the first thing I show to people that havent used VR before.

Now, other than this, I just want to add:

Everyone be extra careful when dealing with sites that offer you things for free. There are ALOT of them that are actually malicious. There's lots of cool stuff out there, but there's also lots of absolute jerkbags as well.

KORG will provide iKaossilator for iOS and Kaossilator for Android for free for a limited time.
https://www.korg.com/us/news/2020/0313/
It's the full version not the gimped "Free" version... usually sells for around £19 on the Play Store but is
free for all to get untill the 31st of this month. I have to say it's rather good :)

Many zoos have live webcam on animals. You can watch Fiona the Hippo at the Cincinnati Zoo website.

It's not free ($11.00 per month) but Netflix has a huge inventory of movies, TV series, and documentaries.

I'm going to entertain myself by putting 7 pounds of corned beef brisket in the oven to cook for the next 3 hours. I bought the briskets to feed the entire family before the isolation recommendations came out. Don't know how just we two will eat all that meat. Maybe I can freeze it after its cooked. Or leave it by the side of the road with a sign "Free Corned Beef and Cabbage".

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone!

Maybe I can freeze it after its cooked. Or leave it by the side of the road with a sign "Free Corned Beef and Cabbage".

Or you could give it to a service dog named Arwen:

At first, Arwen’s new family calls her shenanigans a “learning curve.”

"Later that night she got up on the counter and ate three pounds of corned beef in roughly sixty eight seconds, it was considered part of the learning curve of having a new autism service dog."

This Adopted Autism Service Dog's Mischief Has the Internet in Stitches

"Later that night she got up on the counter and ate three pounds of corned beef in roughly sixty eight seconds, it was considered part of the learning curve of having a new autism service dog."

"I accidentally threw a snake at my neighbor"

I needed a break after that one.

That likely made her very sick. Dogs don't need salt and corned beef is loaded with salt.

FYI - If you ever need to barf your dog after he/she eats something bad, pour a little hydrogen peroxide in their mouths. We learned this years ago after my beloved yellow lab ate raw venison, sent into acute gastric distress, and vet told us to barf him. LOL:rolleyes:

FYI - If you ever need to barf your dog after he/she eats something bad, pour a little hydrogen peroxide in their mouths.

Plain yellow mustard works as well. Considering that my cocker spaniel once found a rotten fish covered with maggots that he ate while we were on vacation. I squirted mustard into his mouth (McDonalds mustard packets) and he vomited everything up pretty quickly. Then we gave him a bath in the fountain in front of the parliament buildings.:)

Dogs getting ahold of things that they shouldnt have is always frustrating.

Fortunately my dog is trained to not fight us if we try to take something from him. I can reach into his mouth and grab whatever stupid thing he's chewing on. Downside: if it turns out he wasnt actually chewing on something, I just end up with my hand drenched in dog drool.

Other downside: He'll sometimes grab things (like socks) not intending to eat it, but instead to get one of us (almost always me) to chase him around and try to grab it. Can always tell the difference between "trying to eat this" and "JUST TRY AND CATCH ME LOL" if he jumps into the middle of the room with the thing and starts bouncing around while whipping his head back and forth. It always looks so very comical.

All very different from the dog I had as a kid. He was REALLY posessive and NOT trained well. He'd take something, and go hide under this stupid table with a big cloth draped on it. Any attempt to reach under there when he had something would result in a warning growl. Bit me good once.

When my favorite forums are quiet, I watch a handful of TV shows on network websites. I like surfing YouTube, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom