• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Food

That sounds like "comfort food" in English.
full

"Husmann" is an old word, a husmann was a person who rented farm land from a wealthy land owner and paid for it with labor and splitting the profits. And they needed food that made them strong and filled them up because they worked so hard all the time. So husmann food is different types of homemade dinner dishes that they would eat. It's often called simple food. Like potatoes, meatballs and vegetables. Not very fancy.

Last edited:
I don't think I have a favorite food.

I mean, of course, I have foods I love but I can't really say 'this food is my favorite' because I don't have any specific one I love more than any of them.

That's how I feel about when putting tomatoes on a taco. ;)
Tacos are goood. I want tacos, but I want to make my own taco shells. I put other salad items in them, as if the custom in Au. We put lettuce, cucumber, sometimes homemade salsa (I was in a mexican food fad when my oldest daughter stayed here, early pregnancy), I made a lot of home made salsa, and guacamole and I made tortillas from scratch too. Hmmmm. Mexican tortillas, burritos and tacos, I so want mexican food now!!!

Tacos are goood. I want tacos, but I want to make my own taco shells. I put other salad items in them, as if the custom in Au. We put lettuce, cucumber, sometimes homemade salsa (I was in a mexican food fad when my oldest daughter stayed here, early pregnancy), I made a lot of home made salsa, and guacamole and I made tortillas from scratch too. Hmmmm. Mexican tortillas, burritos and tacos, I so want mexican food now!!!
My mother was making tacos frying canned corn tortillas on both sides of the US long before most people even knew what they were. (circa 1961) :cool:

My mother was making tacos frying canned corn tortillas on both sides of the US long before most people even knew what they were. (circa 1961) :cool:
I really want to try it! I have a good mexican actually a specifically taco recipe book and it tells exactly how to. The reason being I love tacos but I don't like the commercial taco shells they sell here. I have a tortilla maker, so next step is to purchase some of that beautiful blue or white corn flour and get to work! Also it being summer here, mexi food is good summer food I think. I am a bit of a foody. I never got to travel out of Au, so I like to explore cuisine from other lands. Different Asian foods and Mexican are favourites. Biiig chilli fan, me.

My favorite cuisine is Indian. I would love to take a food trip to London just to visit the curry shops on Brick Lane. I would come home weighing 100 pounds more. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom