• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Food

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
My favorite food recently is strawberries. I love them and the fresh flavor they have in each bite. I also love shrimp too along with donuts and bread. Both are my weaknesses.

My dinner preferences vary with my mood, but my favorite snack is Fritos. It is bad for my edema, but I can only afford it when it rarely goes on sale. I eat (unsalted) peanuts regularly.

I also rarely eat candy, but my preferences are (in no particular order)
  • candy corn/pumpkins,
  • chocolate-covered cherries,
  • circus peanuts,
  • jelly beans
  • orange slices/gumdrops &
  • Starbursts.
(I still enjoy other chips & candies that are not on these lists.)

Seafood- fish and shrimp particularly- if you're talking dinner.
Salads for lunch.

I rarely eat candy or cake. I don't care for snacks really.
Dessert: Ice cream.

My favorite food recently is strawberries. I love them and the fresh flavor they have in each bite. I also love shrimp too along with donuts and bread. Both are my weaknesses.
My favourite food is, hands down, rice and beans. It was first something that came into my culinary knowledge when my then-girlfriend and I got our first apartment, and began cooking together; we discovered stuffed peppers and I was hooked.

Seasoned simply, and paired best with a grilled cheese... *chef's kiss*.

I also enjoy mac'n'cheese with chickpea noodles, tofu nuggets, and breakfast sandwiches (crushed and fried tomatoes with beans, seasoned with two eggs).

Seafood - Clams, Lobster, Crab, Fish; especially done Veracruz style, though I won't turn my nose up at Lionfish pizza.

Added - Don't forget Sushi. I ate things in Japan that I never saw here.

Last edited:
I've never eaten tacos.

I'm trying to tidy up my diet again. So I'm avoiding the usual stuff I enjoy. I guess white chocolate would be my weakness. But I can quickly eat too much of it and feel sick.

Ed
In the early 60s my mother was making the family tacos before much of anyone knew what they were in America.

In 1962 my first grade teacher was into Mexican and Spanish culture. I told her about how we eat tacos and she was so stoked she asked me to ask my mother to make the whole class tacos for lunch. Oops...while Mom felt a bit put on the spot by yours truly, she came through like a champ. Eventually she forgave me...lol.

The tacos were a big hit for some, not for others. But back then they were simply not available, let alone known to most Anglos. Of course in a few short years they caught on, and became a staple in fast food on the west coast. It took a bit longer, but eventually they showed up on the east coast.

I still recall when I could get a taco- or a hamburger for 15 cents.

Honestly. I think it's a three way tie between fried chicken, homemade seasoned fries, and homemade fried potatoes slices(aka chips).

Because of my stomach problems I can’t enjoy many of my favorite foods.

My favorite food before this started was Kung Pao wheat gluten. It was a vegetarian/vegan version of Kung Pao chicken made with wheat gluten in a spicy sauce with hot peppers, celery, and peanuts.

I like the simple 'husmanskost'. There doesn't seem to be an English word for it.
That sounds like "comfort food" in English.
full

New Threads

Top Bottom