• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Double Standards when it comes to dog caused fatalities (Husky got adopted AFTER killing a human!)

It's probably because pitbulls are a more aggressive breed and there are more documented attacks involving them. The worst part is most of those deaths wouldn't have happened if people knew how to properly train and control their dogs. Anyone wanting to get a dog (any breed) should be legally required to pass a test and complete basic training before being allowed to own one. I guarantee at least 80% of dog owners right now in the world wouldn't pass.

Given a fatality, I don't even understand how or why the dog ended up being resheltered in the first place.

Anyone wanting to get a dog (any breed) should be legally required to pass a test and complete basic training before being allowed to own one. I guarantee at least 80% of dog owners right now in the world wouldn't pass.

I know this is going to start fire with some,but I could say the same thing about raising children ;)

I know this is going to start fire with some,but I could say the same thing about raising children ;)

Agreed. I also think that babies should come with a instruction manual. My wife and I sure could have used the help. I think that everybody who has raised their children to adulthood can reflect on how they might have done something different.

Our dogs are just fine. They were easy.

there are more documented attacks involving them.
This actually completely changes depending on which country you look at. Most dog caused deaths in Canada have been from "sled type" dogs, most in Italy are from Mastiffs, etc, etc...it really depends on which type of dog is most abundant in a country.

Pitbulls are ugly, huskies are gorgeous. Don't you know that ugly people get unfairly discriminated against?

New Threads

Top Bottom