• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does tea make you feel like you have hair on your tongue?

Lilacleia16

It feels like there’s hair on my tongue when I drink tea…is it just raised tastebuds? Or am I just overstimulated by an ingredient in the tea? Or both? Does anyone else experience tea this way? Is it dying my tongue with the tannins and is that why it feels that way? I want to understand.

Once in awhile I get that with tea. Sometimes I get it with WATER!

No, weirdly it does not, even though I have very hard, black hair all over my tongue.

(Joking)

Might be the acidity. My son is allergic to peaches but only the outer skin / fuzz of them. A peeled and sliced peach without the skin is perfectly fine for him. Point being that we can be allergic to the most specific things at times, and even then, we have allergic reactions in just the tiniest of ways at times. Could be worth testing a drop or two of the tea on arm skin to see what happens.

Sometimes when I drink coffee all my hair falls off and turns into a little dove named Charlie. I then feed him with mushrooms for three weeks before we go see a movie about hermit-like crabs. And when we come home the hair dove dissolves into my hair again, back on my head, and I can feel it finding its roots again. Then I sing a song about how I was made to tango and another one about the shyness of certain doctors in Oklahoma.

Yes.

New Threads

Top Bottom