• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else depend on Pediasure to feed their kids properly?

he would ONLY eat the freaking red bears :eek: and maybe, if I pleaded long enough, he, in all his mightness, would concede me the wish of eating an orange one.

Now, the loathed yellows, or other colors, forget about it, I was messing up with his principles. Until some genius finally decided to make the whole yummy bear bottle full of, hear this... red ones!! Hallelujah!
My non-verbal daughter had a bad reaction to red food dye. She will take red [liquid Benedryl, for instance] just fine, but she would get agitated afterwards compared to their clear version.

Maybe your little guy is sensitive to the different dye sources...

Addendum: I can remember when I was [7?ish] being repulsed by mint-flavored medicine. As an adult, I no longer have such a repulsion.

Last edited:
I don't have children, so maybe my perspective is limited, but I was extremely picky as a child, and I clearly remember how my mother's approach (respecting my aversions and preferences) clashed hard against other people's expectations of children's nutrition. People would say all kind of things like "Only those who have not truly known hunger have that attitude", "You can't let your child decide and make you their servant", "Why are you adjusting the meals for her?", etc. An awful lot of judgment that I hope didn't burden her too much as she was just trying to do the right thing, i.e. feed me and ensure my needs were met as best as they could.

That's all that really matters:
Are your kids fed? They are.
Have you been looking for a solution to fix a problem? You have, and you found one.
Are their nutritional needs met? They are thanks to the Pediasure.
I hope that in time your son is able to accept a wider range of foods, but it will not come by using the typical methods (Meals are among my most vivid childhood memories, I was terrified when it came to eating at relatives' or at other people's places, because there would be structiny, pressure, foods or textures I hated, and so much stress that I'm surprised I didn't develop a more conflictual relation to food --and I think I didn't precisely because my mother looked for ways to adapt and cater to my needs).

Who cares how you make it work? What is essential is that it works, and you found how.

inefficiency of manufacturers i had the problem with clarityn and an indigestion tablet!!! interesting you say red as i'm like that when i need potassium-tomatoes or indigestion and i need strawberry .
i think i ate what i could !as i knew we were very stressed at home, on a tight budget and my mother was physically weak- so i sort of grew up quickly ,helped my mother if i had the ability
(continued) and...
he would ONLY eat the freaking red bears :eek: and maybe, if I pleaded long enough, he, in all his mightness, would concede me the wish of eating an orange one.

Now, the loathed yellows, or other colors, forget about it, I was messing up with his principles. Until some genius finally decided to make the whole yummy bear bottle full of, hear this... red ones!! Hallelujah! But, they soon dissapeared... Why?!!!:eek::rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom