• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you wear specific clothes all the time?

Black most often. I wear baggy comfy jeans and a hoodie that has a zipper often with anime or something on it like RENT. I will only wear VANS as shoes and its hard to find me any sandels to wear other than flip flops that have no arches.

Besides the "uniform" required by my place of business, it's either all black or black shirt w/ blue jeans, usually without any logos or artwork to avoid grabbing any unwanted attention - pretty much similar to what Geordie described in the very first post. Shoes I'm a bit more flexible with - right now I'm rocking some New Balance running shoes, they're light and comfortable and aren't taking a toll on my heels either. Cowboy boots or high heels (I'm in Texas, I know), formal dress (unless required, of course), basketball shoes (sorry Geordie) and steel toed footwear (those tear my feet up) are off my list.

I'm still anal about anything else after all these years, though if given no choice I'll reluctantly switch to something different.

Last edited:
My dog has figured out my dressing habits. He knows if I get clothes from one certain bin in my closet that we're going for a hike.

I'm from California. My wardrobe is mostly casual shirts, printed T-shirts, jeans, sneakers and flip flops. Oh, and I love sunglasses. :cool:

Tanktop with a hoodie, a short-ish skirt, and ballerina shoes or cowboy boots. Pretty much like that all the time unless I trade in for a dress with the same other things.

My hands and feet are usually really cold an bluish, so I often wear woolen socks (three pairs stocked would be fair guess) even most of the time on summer too, and some knits warming wrists too.
Otherwise my "specific" is just anything green, black or brown.

Well I don't where clothes indicative of a "uniform " :) Basically I dress somewhere in between "oh he's on his way to the supermarket " or " Hey I remember Black Flag ! You know there doing a tour with the entire line up ? " :p

I just want to get through the day without someone saying "Why are you wearing that for?".
I know that when I get Adventurous with my clothing that it's usually a disaster of strangeness. I have no natural taste for clothing. So I keep it simple nowadays.

In the suburbs of Brick City :banghead::skull::timebomb::eek: it's mandatory for males to wear tee shirt, dungarees and sneakers. Though a polo is ok if you are badass enough... ;D Ooooooh I just discovered a new smilie =;d When I was married I got dressed up a lot. In the cooler weather sometimes I like to dress up a little especially with a nice shirt & cool jacket. But normally I dress down to Earth.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the suburbs of Brick City :banghead::skull::timebomb::eek: it's mandatory for males to wear tee shirt, dungarees and sneakers. Though a polo is ok if you are badass enough... ;D Ooooooh I just discovered a new smilie =;d When I was married I got dressed up a lot. In the cooler weather sometimes I like to dress up a little especially with a nice shirt & cool jacket. But normally I dress down to Earth.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
You need to be bad-ass to wear a polo shirt. Interesting...

Aye! Wot da heck...hmmm ok cool :cool:Ste11aeres you can be the 1st honory Leader of our new online gang of Aspies...we don't yet have a name... ;D Aight? I was teasing about the polo shirt...but for real...sometimes it breaks down this way-1) guy wearing a polo is bad azz [don't mess wid him...] or 2) just a tourist... or 3) a guy like me! We seen the bad and the good. There's guys here like that. ;)

You need to be bad-ass to wear a polo shirt. Interesting...

Jeans - WITH pockets, t-shirt, jumper and hoodie. It's a rather scruffy look but at least it's comfortable and practical! ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom