• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you wear specific clothes all the time?

Geordie

Geordie
What's your uniform?

The stereotypical uniform of a Scandinavian male in my mind: Black T-shirt, blue jeans and black canvas shoes in summer

Is it just me?

I don't think I wear a certain "style" all the time. Sometimes I don't wear anything, but I rarely go outside like that, lol.

As for "style"... I think it could be said that my thing is more along the "alternative" styles, though it's usually a mix of goth and urban (as in cargo/baggy pants, hoodies and sneakers). I wear tshirts a lot though... and hoodies.

But I have my moments where I go for the "white trash" look with a wifebeater and shorts on... the only thing my wardrobe is kinda uniform in, is that most stuff is black (though a lot has a print to it).

But I have my moments where I go for the "white trash" look with a wifebeater and shorts on... the only thing my wardrobe is kinda uniform in, is that most stuff is black (though a lot has a print to it).

Do you prefer black to white? Does it complement your skin tone?

Do you prefer black to white? Does it complement your skin tone?

lol... I was about to comment that when you asked "why do rappers were white singlets" in the shoutbox here. I don't know why I didn't though... but this is kinda funny.

i don't know.. I don't particularly like white clothes I guess. I thought about dressing in white but if I would, I'd be all white, and I thought decent white pants and nice (in my opinion) shoes were hard to come by (or expensive).

But yeah, it does compliment my skintone because I am a really, really white cracker, lol. People told me all my life "get out more, you're way to pale".

I do want to stress that the black thing isn't because that's "so goth"... I wore black as a kid a lot, and that kinda stuck ever since. I do have some non-black stuff. Sometimes I have green camo army pants on, I like those. But I wore a lot of different camo pants in my life. I also have a olive green Star wars hoodie which I like a lot. And then there's some red, blue, white and even a purple, well... "collared" shirt.

But like I said in some other thread, I don't even own a normal pair of jeans, let alone a pair of black ones. The last time I wore one, it really annoyed me. Yet, the selection of that and not wearing that, is actually since I buy my own clothes. But that's already for over 10 years ago since I decide what I want to wear. For the past 10+ years I haven't worn a pair of jeans.

As for me, my skin tone is yellow. So supposedly, like many other (East) Asians, black actually should look better on me than white.

While other friends like to wear black, I don't...

Simply because, besides looking good, I have to take into considerations the hot and humid weather of Singapore (where I live)

Living in a wet place all the time, the rain makes all types of black clothes (especially tops) smell. Especially those cotton types of black T-shirts. I have a black wool hat, a black pair of pants and even black shoes, but I don't have black T-shirts (or for that matter, dark coloured T-shirts) for now. The strong smell from black clothes really dampens my mood, which the dark intense absence of light in black seems to accentuate more, to my mood.

So, like most rappers who have darker skin tones (be they Hispanic, African or even Southeast Asian), I wear white excessively. Since I don't like the restrained look in collared shirts, most of the time, it's white singlets or T-shirts all the time from me.

I still wear jeans, but in near future, I don't foresee myself to have even jeans. They're either not loose enough, or that they're just too hot for the climate of Singapore. I'll wear only Dickies shorts all the time, when the dress code permits (and why should there be a dress code in Singapore in the first place?)

If I can choose, my uniform all day, everyday would be: a pair of beige Dickies shorts, a plain white Pro Club T-shirt, a Pro Club undershirt, boxers, a red Washington Nationals New Era 59 Fifty fitted hat (because of the W, though I don't watch baseball) and Nike Air Force 1 low-cut white-on-white. Fresh and good. And almost all-white.

Well, I can understand the entire "hot weather" and "no black" thing. Apparently it kinda attracts sunlight. Didn't know about the smell though.

No I don't like the constrained feeling of collared shirts, but I usually don't button them up till top.

I thought about ordering custom made Nike Air max classics once, just to fit my wardrobe colors a bit more. But given I pay about 100 euro for a pair in stores here and customs are about double that, I wasn't really up for that.

I've been told I have a certain look and style, although no one really specifies what they mean by it. But I do tend to wear pretty much the same type of thing all the time, and in the same way. I also tend to stick with the same colors, since I can get rather obsessed with colors/color combinations...

- I have to wear skinny jeans or cordoroys. I hate shorts and I hate loose pants of any kind. The alternative would be a skirt with leggings or knee socks.
- The most common thing I wear is a cardigan sweater of some color, then a long undershirt or dress underneath.
- If my hair is up I usually put a scarf/banadana in it. Half the time it's not. I don't do much with my hair.
- I wear a lot of stripes and polka dots, generally simple patterns like that.
- My shoes are really boring. Most of the time I just wear black flats, or brogues (which look like men's dress shoes).
- Black eyeliner ; purple or pink lipstick.
- All my coats are usually wool, and have to be longer. I don't like leather or plastic-y coats.
- As a light coat- velvety hoodies (at one point I had four of the same, in different colors) or blazer jackets.

It usually doesn't divert much from that, ever. If I do, I end up massively uncomfortable throughout the day.

Well, I can understand the entire "hot weather" and "no black" thing. Apparently it kinda attracts sunlight. Didn't know about the smell though.

I thought about ordering custom made Nike Air max classics once, just to fit my wardrobe colors a bit more. But given I pay about 100 euro for a pair in stores here and customs are about double that, I wasn't really up for that.

The smell comes when rain just keeps on pouring, and that I have to dry clothes either in the dryer, or more often, hung in the room. The black shirt will usually absorb more moisture and hence, there is a weird smell (imo) coming out from the clothes.

As for Nike Air Force white-on-white, it costs about S$140 (70 euros) in Singapore, but people usually wear shoes that has a price tag of S$100 or less. Some don't even wear shoes. But I do wear Air Forces...

I heard that Air Max are the 'in' sneakers in Europe. Am I right? Btw I wear them too! :D

It usually doesn't divert much from that, ever. If I do, I end up massively uncomfortable throughout the day.

Well, hope that the same type of clothing make you happy - at least, for me, if I wear the same type of clothing every day, I'd not really wear other sorts of clothes. And the number one rule in wearing clothes for me (not sure for you) is: always wear as comfortably as we can.

The smell comes when rain just keeps on pouring, and that I have to dry clothes either in the dryer, or more often, hung in the room. The black shirt will usually absorb more moisture and hence, there is a weird smell (imo) coming out from the clothes.

As for Nike Air Force white-on-white, it costs about S$140 (70 euros) in Singapore, but people usually wear shoes that has a price tag of S$100 or less. Some don't even wear shoes. But I do wear Air Forces...

I heard that Air Max are the 'in' sneakers in Europe. Am I right? Btw I wear them too! :D

Well, Air max classics II, at in Holland was "the shoe" that was worn in the 90's by the entire gabber/hardcore scene. That subculture was all over those shoes. Nowadays it kinda dwindled down to not being that important. But the model is one of the more known models of Air max for sure.

I do have a problem with those shoes in the way that my feet are kinda "wide", thus it really depends on the materials used on that specific shoe to see how long they'll hold out, seeing as I've had different "colors" over years and somtimes they used other materials on details. Plastic, leather or just some other stuff. The "plastic" usually breaks in about 3 months at the seams...

As for the clothing Kas mentioned... yeah I agree... if you feel happy and comfy with wearing that, don't bother thinking it's "dull" or "boring". At least your preference is socially accepted, lol...

The "plastic" usually breaks in about 3 months at the seams...

As for the clothing Kas mentioned... yeah I agree... if you feel happy and comfy with wearing that, don't bother thinking it's "dull" or "boring". At least your preference is socially accepted, lol...

My current Air Maxes are 1 year and 3 months old, so I'm looking to replace 'em. The plastic had already broken in after a year, even after rotating those kicks with another pair of sneakers. They're still fresh black-and-white with my care for a year, even when it's broken in, until last month, when I decided to just jump into the rain puddle and do nothing about it. It's now more dirty black spots on my kicks, but well, they're still good.

Don't worry, our clothing is not dull or boring. Consistency really makes us feel cool. Especially on the streets!

There's a video I like regarding the uniform of the street in the San Francisco Bay Area:

White T-shirt Blue Jeans and Nike (Air Max, 90?)

Last edited by a moderator:
My current Air Maxes are 1 year and 3 months old, so I'm looking to replace 'em.

Crap! How do you keep em that long? lol... I usually have them worn out in about 3 months. Currently I'm wearing a pair of cheap shoes because I didn't have a lot of money when I needed new ones, but those were worn out in about 3 weeks. And with worn out I mean... I pretty much roughed up the entire sole and all up to where it's almost a hole. I walk too much, lol

Crap! How do you keep em that long? lol... I usually have them worn out in about 3 months.

I rotate my shoes. Last year, on day 1, I will wear my Air Maxes. On day 2, I wear something like adidas basketball shoes (Agent Zero Gil Zero). Then on day 3, I wear Air Maxes again. I leave them as they are, on an airy but covered space, before I wear them again every alternate day.

I wore out my adidas shoes, but the Air Maxes are still doing ok, just stale.

But I begin to feel that my current green-and-red Nike Air Forces 1 are so comfortable that they begin to look stale 2 weeks after I buy them. I bought them for something like S$90, or perhaps 40, 45 euros. Fortunately I have one more pair of (blue) Nike Air Force Ones still in the box. So after maybe 3 weeks, even if I walk too much, I still have another pair of Air Forces. And much cooler looking, too.

On the subject of shoes, I love Vans shoes but they don't seem to last me very long. My current pair has multiple tears in the sole and the rain seeps in quite quickly. I should probably replace them soon. I usually wear the same shoes and jeans but will have a different t-shirt and hoodie/zip-hoodie. Unlike my brother, I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes but unfortunately the clothes that I like are usually expensive. So, I don't have many clothes to choose from in my wardrobe because of this.

On the subject of shoes, I love Vans shoes but they don't seem to last me very long. My current pair has multiple tears in the sole and the rain seeps in quite quickly. I should probably replace them soon.

Vans are also my favorite sneakers, but I have the same problem with them ripping or getting weird stains. I've gone through so many of those. -_-

Suede Pumas last me a long time, but they're usually kind of expensive and a bit too big-feeling, if that makes any sense. I like Converse, too, but they tend ot have the same issue as I have with the Vans and they're a bit more boring nowadays.

I mean this is why I don't wear vans. They way be comfortable but they can be worn out pretty easily. So does converse actually.

I haven't tried puma sneakers except a pair of hiking shoes from puma that I wore 3 years ago. They feel great for a year or two but I got tired of them. The design is meant for hiking and not for the streets, so I stopped wearing them after a long while

Bright colorful t-shirt (Orca,reptiles or classic rock Led Zeppelin,etc)
Jean shorts
White leather sneakers
Then again it is above 90f 9-10 months a year here.:D

I let my husband pick out my clothes. He's got a better sense of what's stylish and looks good on me. I hold veto power for things that are uncomfortable or made with the wrong kinds of fabric.

New Threads

Top Bottom