• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like to repeat music?

peoplesrjames

Sometimes, I'll hear a song and I'll play it over and over again because I like it. Or I'll beint he mood for a specific type of sound and I'll play music that sounds the same for awhile. Right now I'm on tv theme songs. Does anyone else do this?

yep!! thats me, same song over and over again!! same song gets played at least 20 tomes or more before I move onto next song to do same thing with, repeat it over and over again!

Yes...one song will start speaking to me, and I'll put it on repeat for hours, sometimes for several days in a row.

Something I do quite often. Though I listen to video game music. I will search for extended play that will loop the music for a long period of time. During periods this don't exist, I use infinitelooper.com to repeat music.

Yup, I do the same. There's a song I just discovered yesterday that I'm playing over and over and over...

Been listening to Anamanaguchi's 'Endless Fantasy' album and 'Marble Soda' by Shawn Wasabi on repeat for the last few days!

I will listen to the same song repeatedly for an hour if trying to concentrate. Also have had the same four albums in my player for over a year. One for each mood I guess. It's all instrumental music, I used to like vocals but lately that annoys me, I feel like people are always talking at me and I need a break.

If I find a song I really like I'll replay it over and over and it's all I'll listen to for a couple of days - a week and then I'll move onto another song and do the same thing :tongueclosed:

I don't do it with one song but, I do with a playlist of 20 to 50 songs, the list gets set to shuffle and keep playing until I stop it. I hade immediate repetition, even in rehearsal, I need to play at least five songs, then go back to the first again if we need to work on that one. I can't do the same song twice in a row by any means, performing it or listening to it.

I listen to the same song repeatedly when I'm stressed, or having trouble processing something.

Yes. Listening to the same piece of music on repeat probably takes up about 3 hours of my day every day. Usually the hours between when I should go to bed and when I actually go to bed.

New Threads

Top Bottom