• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do you / how do you experience mindblindness?

I could have written this about myself, all of it!

i guess, one could call this direct empathy or symbiotic empathy. it is symbiotic [two-as-one] as is the mother-child relationship, which focuses on physical contact. i see aspergers as symbiotic empathy systems [as opposed to NT-systems which perform symbiotic, emotional, cognitive empathy plus emotional contagion] this might be the reason, why many grown-up aspergers are still children in a way. it's a guess only, but i have an idea that secretly many mourn their short and lost childhood; and possibly their mother, too, since [if so] she may have functioned as symbiotic shield for safety and comfort. the loss of this symbiotic relation may then result in the intense anxiety [beside social phobia] of aspergers, which may [or may not] occur as a more primal anxienty of beeing lost , pushed away, falling into darkness , being destroyed , spilling out , dissolving, ripped apart... this again may make it necessary to self-sooth a lot, since the fears and emotions cannot longer be stored within the shielding mother-object [nor anyone else] so they stay within the subject.

that is, why some like hugging people so much. it is being close to others. that is also, why some children cause so many problems: if a kid is scolded the AS-kid perceiving the scene will likely feel scolded, as well. therefore, some choose to block this experience[like me, i couldn't stand it], and if they have a lot of bad experience in life they may become similar to the image which is described in schizoid personality structure.

New Threads

Top Bottom