• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have anyone you really hate?

Guendolen

There are some people during those last times that i was away who i have come to feel really strong feelings of hate for. They are a man and a woman i considered friends who backstabbed me and told very personal things about me to common friends, even to strangers. I very rarely feel anger or hate, maybe 2-3 times in my life but when i do they are really strong. How about you fellow aspies? So many reports and studies present us as unemotional robots. Have you ever felt you really hated someone?

Though I find hate is a very strong word, I can say there are many people I had major issues with. At the same time I had to be careful because I live in a small city.

My experience taught me to be misanthropic. Not to hate, just to disgust.

If you always expect the worst from people, their actions can't hurt you.

Usually it's just dislike or annoyance, but there are certainly some out there I do feel full hate and malevolence toward. Which is usually how I know I hate them. You may not be worth my time or energy, but by golly, I will come up with time and energy to have you dealt with. And not just because I'm bored and want to toy with something either.

There are people I feel cold towards. Not so that I wish they'd die, just that I wouldn't mourn them if they did. What do you expect, being treated the way people treat aspies.

I forgot to write this down...

I pity criminals, and your former 'friends' are no better than them. There's always a reason why some person acts in such a way. Maybe they were poor, maybe they were molested or maybe just no one ever have a sh*t about how they feel. They didn't manage to find a way to cope with those situations and with their emotions, and that's when they gave a birth to a criminal, prostitute, bully, rapist... or politician :).

At the end of the day, it's only about 20% their fault, and 70% is the circumstances that surrounded them.

Yes, but, over the years I have half trained myself half been taught to at least not use the word. Mainly because I find for myself that I tend to fixate on the whole combination of person & situation. And that is a waste of my energy after a while. A couple month's back I encountered someone who let's say set off a domino effect in my emotions and it has taken me this long to settle down again. It taught me a lot about myself, so while I don't hate that person I would strongly prefer never to see them again. :eek:

I have cut a lot of people who bullied me during secondary school out of my life. Now that I'm a lot happier, I guess that I've come to not hate them any more although it's been difficult to try and forget what they did to hurt me because my long term memory is very good.

I don't hate, if I did I know the only person being hurt by it will be me. People tell me I have good reason to hate some folk, but I make the choice.

When someone makes us suffer, it is because he or she suffers deep inside. I do not hate anyone.

There are people who have done me wrong who I have completely distanced myself from. I can't hate them, because I don't care about them enough to be able to have an emotion as strong as hate directed towards them.

Real hate is a toxic emotion and waste of energy. Worse than anger.

Something best not to hold onto.

Other than Hitler or Jenny McCarthy, I don't really hate anybody. I might feel uneasy around certain people due to the way they treated me in the past, but that's more fear than hate.

Hate is such a strong word,quite the opposite of love,another very strong word.Try dislike or admire instead,the end games cause little harm to anyone.People make a lot of mistakes,including the most intelligent humans on the planet. Try to tell me you don't make any mistakes and I will point that one out to you as an obvious one.
If I dislike a person,I don't hate them and damn them to an eternal hell,that would be a waste of time and energy.I avoid contact with them unless it is necessary to communicate with them. To single out any particular grouping of people as a person's reason to to treat them differently is a prejudice,another strong word that is much in line with hate that also has the ability to work both sides of the fence.I am not an expert,only one who observes human behavior and for one don't always like what I see.

I mustn't be an aspie then lol :eek: for I can love and hate with equal might. I hate when someone is being nasty and unfair to me and when I take courage to text, they apologise, but still behave the same way.

I love my husband, but when he shouts and swears and cruel to me, I hate him with a passion, but gone is the time, I wished someone dead; did not appreciate things back then. It was: you are hurting me, go away and die, so I can be left alone. Not now, because I can understand better.

If I were in your situation, I would feel just like you.

I abhor the woman who brought me into this world. Hate doesn't even hit the surface for how I feel about her. But, if I saw her lying bleeding, I could not just walk away, because she is a human being.

It was my husband who alerted me to the fact that I tend to hate or dislike the whole person, rather than the traits of a person which had a profound effect on me and so, now trying very hard to work on that.

I guess from reading everyone's post, I see that we mix up hate and dislike. If hate means we want them dead, then, hate is not what I feel or you, but an intense disappointment. It feels like hate, but perhaps it isn't.

There are some people during those last times that i was away who i have come to feel really strong feelings of hate for. They are a man and a woman i considered friends who backstabbed me and told very personal things about me to common friends, even to strangers. I very rarely feel anger or hate, maybe 2-3 times in my life but when i do they are really strong. How about you fellow aspies? So many reports and studies present us as unemotional robots. Have you ever felt you really hated someone?

I will say that although I feel like I cannot relate to or "like" many/most people, I do not have strong hate-- Except for one person.

This person has been in my sights for many years now, yes.

I am a Christian, and I know I should not say this, but, I wish them nothing but the worst.

I try not to hate due to having to spend tons of energy on someone who doesn't even realize what is going on in your own head.

New Threads

Top Bottom