• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have any disorders that are linked with Asperger's Syndrome?

Re: Do you have any disorders that are linked with asperger's?

oooooops, i forgot i already answered this. i'm so sorry, really. this is dumb. but sometimes the same questions keep popping up. sometimes i read the question, answer, and then look at the other answers, and now i see i've already answered it, damn.
. ADD/ADHD rears its head again! ;)

I've got anxiety. I've had it for years. Drives me up the wall some days because due to it I second guess literally almost every single small choice I make. Strangely though it's not social anxiety, as seems to be common for us. Mine's the generalized type.

This is not asperger's related (that I know of,) but I also stutter. That combination of disorders gets 'interesting' at times.

At first I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression, but over the years this has been refined to dysthymia and, of course, Asperger syndrome.

Other than Asperger's, I have MAJOR Obsessive-compulsive disorder. It literally takes over my life. I've always wondered what it was like without it. I also have epilepsy, but I'm not sure if that has to do with Asperger's at all or not.

I have OCD tendencies and PTSD (Not caused by the AS though). I wonder though if as I get older if the OCD tendencies are getting more diagnosable for me.

I have mentioned before that I have ADHD, but I found out recently when I received my AS diagnosis, that I am in the 97th percentile for ADHD, which is astronomical. I doubt I could function at all without meds. It certainly explains why I can't read or write posts that are more than a couple of paragraphs ;)

There is a list of disorders that are associated with asperger's and people with asperger's have a better chance of having it, such as tourette syndrome,OCD, depression disorders, anxiety disorders. Like me, i have tourette syndrome and an anxiety disorder? tell me your story with this thread! :D

Yes, my psychologist in Kamloops also diagnosed me with a learning disability (LD-NOS), with depression and social anxiety. I also have stims/tics that seem like Tourette syndrome but less severe. Many Aspies have stims (similar but less severe than Tourette tics) that happen intermittently but not totally uncontrollable.

New Threads

Top Bottom