• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

disclosing aspergers

Right, the people who live their lives under such conditions are the one that are mentally ill. If they were fully realized, healthy individuals they would not be able to adjust with out a fuss to an environment that if they had any sense of self they would not be able to live with.

thank you for the recommendation I will certainly read the book.
Welcome. They have it both in electronic and paper format.

The biggest thing of the book help me understand my life more of all the troubles I been having for employment and make many changes for my life. It was not easy. I do have some people to advocate for certain issues when it arises.

Should I tell perspective employers about my Asperger's?

No, no, and did I mention, no? Unless you absolutely HAVE to, do NOT mention it! Most NT employers have never heard of it, and even if they have they're often misinformed about what it is/means to the person who has it.

Is honesty always the best policy,more often than not is my best guess

It may be good for the employer to know about any potential requirements or possible issues that may arise.

It may not be so good for you,prejudgement and assumption may or may not be a concern.

But if you don't try you'll never know, worst case scenario you leave and never look back

New Threads

Top Bottom