• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing with a PTSD flare up

Yes. In my case, we have a lot of fun. We are very respectful and kind to each other, for the most part. We are very compatible. We both have disabilities. We are both ND. We spent a lifetime of loneliness before meeting each other. We were very marginalized and misunderstood and maligned before meeting each other. We have been good for each other and that happens alongside our disabilities and trauma symptoms. Such is the way of people that are on a healing journey from complex PTSD who are autistic, ADHDy and "2e" . We are a tiny minority, and thus upon finding each other find that the need for one friend in life outweighs any need for "perfection" in each other.
Any problem can be worked out, given enough compassion, understanding, patience and love, and we both have that. In spades (that means a lot)
Anyway, the resolution is that his son's are coming down to help on consecutive weekends. We will get through this, and we will get through it together.
That's a very sweet point of view and I hope it goes well for you.

You are so lucky to have met them. The guy that helped me, just couldn't commit more, and l needed to grow some boundaries which is a sign of a healthy person. I lost that in the abusive relationship l was in prior to him.

Last edited:
You are so lucky to have met them. The guy that helped me, just couldn't commit more, and l needed to grow some boundaries which is a sign of a healthy person. I lost that in the abusive relationship l was in prior to him.
I am so lucky:). And just in the nick of time. I was, quite literally, dying when he met me, the stress of living with a genuinely narcissistic person for most of my life was taking its toll in a big way, that and having my 7 babies, so I don't think I would be alive, because no one cared about me, perhaps my kids and parents but they couldn't/didn't know how to do anything and were all too immature (Autistic parents are not so much different from one's children sometimes) and I have had and continue to have so much fun with him! Fun is truly restorative! And love is too. Because he genuinely loves me.:).

So coming back from the brink has been my second life, (or whatever because it was touch and go having my babies in the bush and on the road with no care). I am like a cat with nine lives.

Update; My guy friend's son came down for the weekend and they did loads and loads of cleaning up his hoady messes in the yard and such (lots of computers and other machines, furniture, that sort of thing). His son also cleaned out our computers (he is an apprentice electrical engineer). I worked hard on Friday cooking a bit of a fancy dinner, but I pushed myself a bit too hard and a nasty infection flared up (UTI) because the day before I started my gym workout with trainer, I guess I should have rested more, but I wanted to make delicious food for my step son(ish person).

I rested the rest of the weekend because I had to, and they worked very hard.

My oldest son came over last night, with his gorgeous kelpie/border collie/Tassie Smithy puppy (she loves me a lot) and I cooked a delicious roast dinner. My guy friend's son left earlier and went and visited his mum.

Last edited:
Update; My guy friend had another weekend of busy-ness and cleaning up and getting rid of his material dross. His two sons came down from Brisbane and they did A LOT of getting rid of stuff in the carport

. We will have done a lot by the time we have another inspection. Because they have to do another inspection before they can take us to the tribunal, which, I can tell by the letter we just received, they are trying to do that.

We are being targeted but it is also on us because the cars and his stuff collecting, in the carport and around, has been out of hand for years.

I have contacted the tenancy advocacy people with the breach letter attached, and the NDIA, that I have been waiting on help for nigh on half a year now.
I don't think we will lose our home, but not for lack of them trying.
I think the Tribunal will have our back, alongside the tenancy advisory union and my support team.

That's a huge relief. I lived with such a person. It's trying at times. However, l realized l need to stay on top of it now.

New Threads

Top Bottom