• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

blood Type and Autism

Anecdotal evidence for me is I'm self-catheterizing, Urologist informed me expect many bladders infection's so far none 4 years later. He does not know to reduce cost I'm cleaning and reusing. The catheters three times a day box of 100 lasts year. Soap and water and soaking in vinegar works wonders bacteria do not like vinegar. do not have personal autoclave plus temperature and low glass transition of the vinyl plastic would not tolerate this any way.

Last edited:
So . . . not willing to share your knowledge about type AB blood allegedly giving resistance to viruses and bacteria, eh?

The plural of 'Anecdote' is not 'Data'.

I am AB-. I don't get sick much. Rarely even have a cold. Although I have lost the ability to effectively fight EPSTEIN-BARRE virus. According to the medical literature, that makes me terminally ill, but so far, I'm 5+ years past my expiration date and still ticking.

I rarely get ill -- unless it's a cold, the flu, or food-poisoning -- and when I do, the effects are mild and short-term. I attribute this to living a healthy, active life-style, especially since my most recent "cardiac event".

I very seldom get the flu but rather colds probably since my tonsils were removed when I was as an infant. As far as I can make out everything in the human body is there for a reason. Had temperature today. Went to club yesterday probably caught virus it will be back to normal tomorrow.

I had my tonsils and adenoids removed to enlarge my airway. Hasn't seemed to affect my illness rate. This was after the Chronic Active EPSTEIN-BARRE Virus (CAEBV) kicked in. Like 2 years ago

I'm no doctor or scientist nor pretending to be one, I do have formal knowledge of microbiology knowledge recently read book Immune by Phillipp Dettmer. read a few articles that stated AB blood type, gives immunity to cholera's a bacterial infection. I'M not in the habit of reading and quoting scientific papers with any authority. I just spent the last few hours watching a discussion on the limits on axions, in mathematics that may apply to this discussion.

Last edited:
I took microbiology and chemical engineering concurrently in college two streams took both together for fun along with my being a trained quality engineer really helped in sorting out covid on previous thread. Blood type has been one of my special interests AB in particular as both my parents had this.

Ooh, it'd be nice if the autism blood type was that sort where you are born immune to norovirus. That would be wonderful.

On a serious note, I don't think autism has anything to do with blood type, no matter what the studies say. If it were then autism would be more known as a blood type condition rather than just a neurological disorder.

A year ago I joined this site really like it, as I have mentioned in other threads I come from a family of 6 kids it appears 4 of us are Aspies, my wife made an interesting observation all four of us have AB blood type, the other two have A and B. IS their a correlation. looking at the literature, it looks like their maybe.

Both my parents had AB blood type very rare, the studies I saw so far have small sample sizes are small so I would not read too much into it. others on here may want to follow up on this. is autism inherited, curious. I See hints of a blood test in some of the studies. the one sibling who has blood type A has his own issues He suspects AdHD, my sister thinks he may also be one of us.
I'm group O Rhesus negative, so my existence blows your theory away, sorry :)

No theory just an observation six of us four on the spectrum who have AB positive another A And the last B. What you would suspect based on Mendel's theorem.

Blood Clots: Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is when your blood clots in a deep vein, like the ones in your legs. These clots sometimes move to your lungs. Research shows that people with type A, B, or AB blood are at a higher risk of VTE.

Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes seems to happen more often in people with blood types A and B.

Life Span: Chances are higher you’ll live longer if you have type O blood. (This means your life will be shorter if you have A, B, or AB type blood.)

Malaria: Type O blood may help ward off this disease. (This means you are more susceptible to Malaria if you have A, B, or AB type blood.)

Memory: A small study showed that people with memory problems had type AB blood more than any other.

Pancreatic Cancer: Your risk is higher if you’re type A, AB, or B.

Stomach Cancer: A, AB, and B blood types are more at risk than type Os.

Stroke: Your risk for a stroke goes up if you have blood type AB.

Source: THIS WEBMD ARTICLE

Blood Clots: Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is when your blood clots in a deep vein, like the ones in your legs. These clots sometimes move to your lungs. Research shows that people with type A, B, or AB blood are at a higher risk of VTE.

Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes seems to happen more often in people with blood types A and B.

Life Span: Chances are higher you’ll live longer if you have type O blood. (This means your life will be shorter if you have A, B, or AB type blood.)

Malaria: Type O blood may help ward off this disease. (This means you are more susceptible to Malaria if you have A, B, or AB type blood.)

Memory: A small study showed that people with memory problems had type AB blood more than any other.
I forgot the rest, but I am AB neg, so...

New Threads

Top Bottom