• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

On the extremely rare occasion that I do go somewhere without makeup, I feel like everyone is looking at me and that they can tell I am not like the other girls.

Some women who I think are really attractive are defined as unattractive by others. There always has to be that something different to be appealing as far as I am concerned. Something that I cannot really put my finger on, but which just makes that difference.

I feel the same as Professori. Y'know, some men (and women) are attracted to people who look (or act or talk) different - they're just more interesting, and at least in my experience, they often have some very appealing... murky depths to them, if that makes any sense.

It takes me well over an hour too do my make up, nearly three with bathing, shaving, exfoliating, lotion ingredients, priming... plus tanning a couple times a week all because people are constantly tear me down, if I can't spend the three hours on this I just completely melt down now... :(

My trying to make myself look as good as possiblearly is really all I have, I have zero ability to communicate, sell, or try to talk people into liking me or wanting me around...

I had for a very long time thought I was ugly. It took a number of women close to me telling me that I was handsome -- including a few that had nothing to gain from it -- for me to start realizing that maybe I can be good looking to some. That helped me a lot.

My two favourite literary heroines (Laura Ingalls and Anne Shirley) were both self-conscious about their hair colour and would presumably envy mine. In which case they're welcome to it - fat lot of good it's done me.

I refer to my posting in an earlier thread: Ever feel unattractive?

For the record, I haven't ever been treated like a blonde bimbo either (for which I'm grateful) but then again, my godmother says that the stereotype is meant to apply to bottle blondes.

I got just as much interest from overweight men as from slender males. Because I prefer men who appreciate my individuality to men who constantly sexually objectify me. After working in a shallow sector for a time, I understood that beauty is only skin deep and does not fix all your concerns. Or make you a kind, pleasant, or intelligent person. Also, as I've gotten older, I've stopped caring what other people think. Self-esteem difficulties and lovely boobs are less appealing to well-adjusted people than confidence, empathy, and being an interesting person or Breast Augmentation Naples, FL | Breast Implants | Fort Myers, like surgery.
So true, isn't it? I fell for my wife when we were friends first as we planned a road trip to a project in a National Park and had complementary values and interests. It happened at a good time for me when I was working on myself, enjoying life after social isolation. We have managed to put together a decent life all because of her patience and kindness and I could not have found a more beautiful woman. Of course sex is important and it is enjoyable to show her just how desirable she is.

I can be very self-conscious about my appearance. Some of that may be because it was very rare for me to have a significant other, but most of it is because I've been gradually losing hair since my mid-20s, and now in my mid-30s my hairbang line is pretty much nearly gone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I always loved faces with freckles, and women that plaster so much make up on that they look like they're made of plastic was always a big turn off for me. That sort of behavior signalled to me that they likely have more social hangups than I'm prepared to deal with.

It did surprise me though how many women are worried about their appearance, even amongst ones who wear little or no make up. I have gone out with (to my eye) some very beautiful women but trying to tell them that I thought they were beautiful was always met with doubt and scorn.

I had a boss once who was complaining that his wife was getting obsessed over her appearance and now wanted to get a nose job. I got a laugh by telling him "If she's that worried about people looking at her face she could always try wearing shorter skirts.".

I feel the same as Professori. Y'know, some men (and women) are attracted to people who look (or act or talk) different - they're just more interesting, and at least in my experience, they often have some very appealing... murky depths to them, if that makes any sense.
Yes, it certainly does make sense. I found that things that I really do not go out of my way to consciously notice make a difference. The way a woman carries herself, her sense of style, and the way she interacts with others.

As for me, i try to just practice proper hygene and dress presentably I am certainly no fashion plate, but Polo fits me well and I like Rockmount Ranchwear. I have felt pretty invisible, so the rare times I get noticed are nice. I would ride my motorcycle to work, and even in suburban Chicago traffic would wear my leathers. My chaps framed my butt the way they are cut. On one day I was climbing stairs to my floor ahead of two women and I hear, "My, my, but I do like the view." That put a smile on my face as I hardly get such attention. But, I think well cut leathers look good on nearly everybody.

New Threads

Top Bottom