• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bass poll

Deep bass?

• Hell yeah.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Depends on the music.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Do you love deep bass in music and movies?

Is Flea your favorite member of RHCP?

Do you wonder why Bass Pro Shops do not sell subwoofers?

It's complicated. Really deep booming bass, like under 50hz? No. Especially if it's ongoing and not momentary. But music above 50Hz, yes. Where with smaller speakers I'm apt to enhance the bass, especially if there's an equalizer. Conversely I don't accentuate treble in the higher ranges.

With my 285 watt Bose audio system in my car, the lows can be so easily overdone I actually have them turned down. Even then the bass above 50hz comes through with a punch. But then I'm not one of those persons who insists on waking up the entire neighborhood having to hear their crappy, booming-bass thuds they call "music".

Last edited:
I've never really thought that much about the bass. Except maybe in Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass"!

It's complicated for me as well. In movies I like to hear the full range of sound but I struggle to comprehend meaning in voices, so if there's too much other sound happening at the same time I can't hear what anyone's saying. I usually listen with the mid to high ranges turned up a bit because of the way I struggle to hear voices.

When it comes to music nothing beats the quality of old fashioned speakers in big timber boxes. With a decent pair of big speakers and an amplifier that can run them you have no need of a subwoofer.

When it comes to my next door neighbour and his childish doof doof music it's an entirely different situation again. That non stop never changing severely aggravating beat goes on for hours at a time, he's lucky we have such strict gun laws in this country, it aggravates me that much.

It's complicated for me as well. In movies I like to hear the full range of sound but I struggle to comprehend meaning in voices, so if there's too much other sound happening at the same time I can't hear what anyone's saying. I usually listen with the mid to high ranges turned up a bit because of the way I struggle to hear voices.

When it comes to music nothing beats the quality of old fashioned speakers in big timber boxes. With a decent pair of big speakers and an amplifier that can run them you have no need of a subwoofer.

When it comes to my next door neighbour and his childish doof doof music it's an entirely different situation again. That non stop never changing severely aggravating beat goes on for hours at a time, he's lucky we have such strict gun laws in this country, it aggravates me that much.
I actually like deep bass in hip-hop. But I keep my subwoofer at a level where it does not disturb anybody standing right outside of my house.

Of course there is one particular exception.

I still recall seeing the film "Earthquake" in the theater in 1974...with "Sensurround". Those enormous speakers on both sides of the screen, guaranteed to shake your popcorn right out of the box.

Silly movie, but all that rumbling was fun.

Sure, I really enjoy feeling the music I’m listening to. But after a few songs the effect wears off, and I’d rather be listening to my headphones. OTOH, the Rolling Stones can carry me the full hour drive into Walmart, so I guess it depends on the music.

1713879963043.png

New Threads

Top Bottom