• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Are autistic people at a greater risk of being radicalised?"

Great thread. I agree with so.much that's been posted, although I am Australian (of English parents) and I no longer abuse myself by reading newspapers, as the propoganda and sensationalism, not to mention inane BS, strains my already stretched equalibrium.

My Aspie dad is a mainstream media addict and his faith in mainstream journalism is one of the leading causes of our disagreements.

Of course I know I'm genalizing, but I have developed a deep cynacism and distrust of the agendas of those working for mainstream journalism and the blind faith of those who consume it. So much divisive rhetoric and designed-to-outrage-and-ailienate ideology, and the premises! It's scary that so many read and watch and accept, without question, the premises that are being sold to them, everyday.

It's like they look for targets in all the wrong places, when it's those funding, promoting and recruiting for terrorism, and pushing for wars, and human rights violations, that need to be exposed, instead, oh, let's blame the oddball Aspies/Auti's, they are a vulnerable and often ailenated group, let's just pick on them some more. As if we haven't had a gutfull of that already!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom