• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I being annoying?

Ugh.
I've had times where I realise that I am just bothering people. I'm too odd. I'm saying the wrong things. And I decide, okay, I'll just walk away. They don't need me, I don't need them.

And then... then I am rude because I am avoiding people.

Reading through this thread gave me a sense of deja vu. My mom is still among the living, but the part about people pretending to want to spend time with me only to back out is something I have experienced time and again. For the longest time I believed those people were sincere when they suggested we hang out, but I guess I have finally become somewhat jaded. I now assume that anyone who suggests we make plans has no intention of actually doing so and is simply trying to "be nice". If plans actually develop; it is a pleasant surprise. If the plans never materialize; I've already prepared for that eventuality.
I think your mom was onto something when she said the neighbor was a big phony. Your description of her sounding overly excited reminds me of many people I have known in my life. They are too "nice". I don't trust people like that. In my opinion, if someone is overly excited when I am talking to them and they suggest we make plans; that person is most likely a bad actor and the result is the overly excited and overly friendly persona he or she conveys. That person is being, in all likelihood, a big phony.

New Threads

Top Bottom