• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adults who enjoy sitting on the floor?

Nope. I paid for a chair and couch so I figure I should use them. It wasn't bad sitting on the floor when I had carpets, but now with hard floors it's definitely not for me. Not enough back support and coccyx support (that's your butt bone). :p Don't they have a name for everything? My friend Mary ALWAYS sits on the floor and I never understood that. She likes to sit on her feet with her knees bent. How can that be comfortable? :confused:

Grumpy, hard floors are indeed more challenging. My spine is supported by the wall I sit against. It has windows which look out onto my flower bed and a backyard area outside my apartment which leads to a pond surrounded by woods.

I even will take my meals there, :pizza: it feels so peaceful, safe and happy in my spot on the floor! :)

I like lying on my back on the carpet with my dog lying on top of me. It makes me feel safe and I have been known to fall asleep... is this something to do with weights? I've never had a weighted blanket but I'd imagine it's similar?

I like lying down on cold floors, both on my back, and on my belly (or just surfaces that feel cold in general). I always worry about something happening (like maybe I get startled or something) and I hit my head on the floor, so a pillow is always nice. The floors in school are pretty cold, so I wind up doing that a lot (especially when I'm bored, it lulls me to sleep quite easily, so evidently it's very relaxing). Can't do it at home; no space, and my grandpa's place has wooden floors, so that's a no-go too. The floors in school (specifically the classrooms) are seldom entirely clean; big stuff like leaves and plastic isn't much of a thing, it's the dust on the floor that's the problem (asthma is a pain, though I wouldn't even if I wasn't).

i know it sounds quite stereotyped for LFA but i actually prefer sitting on the floor in the corners,i feel safe,i will rock and drift into my own world.
however if the corners are occupied with crap [as they are in my apartment] i will sit with my back to the wall or sofa.

people have always wondered why i prefer the floor,i just feel safe and grounded.

plus,ever since i was given severe spinal nerve damage [thankyou again greater manchester police and greenways clinical support staff] it actually makes my spine in allinement so it feels better in terms of nerve pain.

Sitting on the floor is awesome. Just not for too long, because then your muscles will start to ache and you actually have to get up and stretch. Sitting on the floor while typing away on the computer. Good feeling, yeah.

I naturally gravitate towards the floor. I don't know why. In high school, whenever we would have to break off into groups, I always sat on the floor and others would sit at their desks. Once a teacher came up to us and told me to sit on the chair because my classmates "weren't above me." I was really upset at that. I was just comfortable!

Comfy? No, never. There's "butthurt" for ya! :eek: :p

Though on occasion for very select reasons I may sit on my living room rug to do something requiring the amount of open space. Usually sorting something. Did that just the other day with Safeway Bingo tickets.

Floor? At least a few times per day. Usually to play with a cat or to stretch or do yoga. Or to be closer to the television if something really interests me.

Yes, I prefer sitting on the floor with my dog :p
I also always sit on my knees, or with one knee up, when I'm on a chair.
I always thought it was just something that I hadn't grown out of yet, but then I was diagnosed with AS so there you go!

New Threads

Top Bottom