• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adults who enjoy sitting on the floor?

Warmheart

Something nerdy this way comes
V.I.P Member
Do you have a comfy spot sitting on the floor? I do this. My happy, safe Aspie spot is by the window in my livingroom, on the carpet. Add my dog, cat, a great book and a cuppa tea, :teacup: and I'm in Aspie heaven! You just can't beat it. This is where I need to be to re-charge from people or sensory/emotional stress. It's simply magical! Anyone else have a special comfy spot on the floor?

that sounds like a lot of fun, just to sit on the floor to recharge from people and sensory overload, with a nice cup of tea, sounds like Aspie heaven to me, too

I prefer sitting cross-legged in general. When I sit with my knees half-cocked like how most people sit in a chair, it cuts off blood and feeling to my legs and drives me crazy.

I like laying on the floor a lot. When I am overloaded or just tired. I used to just melt into the floor often but I kind of stopped sitting/laying on the floor because "it's just not something you do". Then the past few months I started again a bit.

Really there's nothing like just kind of being a puddle on the floor for a while [for me]- it's usually cooler and calmer.

Oh my goodness! I always sit on the floor- whether it's rocking or doing homework or whatever. It's the best. I'm not sure what it is that makes it so wonderful but it's always been my area. ( I'm just afraid that one of these days, a wall is going to fall down because of my persistent knocking/ rocking against it lol!) But yes, this seems to be a uniquely aspie thing. Right now, I have an area upstairs that's mine where I can go to sit on the floor and do my thing. In the past, I've always had an area on the floor in each of my bedrooms for this.

Do you have a comfy spot sitting on the floor? I do this. My happy, safe Aspie spot is by the window in my livingroom, on the carpet. Add my dog, cat, a great book and a cuppa tea, :teacup: and I'm in Aspie heaven! You just can't beat it. This is where I need to be to re-charge from people or sensory/emotional stress. It's simply magical! Anyone else have a special comfy spot on the floor?
Me too, replace the tea for coffee. i prefer to sleep on tje floor and i have been known to fall asleep easily in grass.

My garden railway is at the right height so when I sit on the ground, its at the perfect height to put the trains on the track and watch them go around the line. I love sitting on the floor or ground, just getting harder to get up again as I get older. I messed up my right ankle and wrist in a BMX bicycle accident as a teenager, paying the price for that injury now. My next fav spot is a bean bag on the floor where I can sink into it and watch TV!

I laughed when I saw this thread as I have always sat on the floor and had never even considered it to be a trait. Always legs crossed and in the same spot. When I move house I find a new spot quite quickly. I have a kettle, tea bags etc within close reach. :)

Well now, does this make me not aspie? :confused:

Perhaps due to my back ground, I cannot sit on the floor! Mind we do not have carpets anyway ie tiles but even when we did have carpets, back in England, I was always the one to sit on a chair and hubby who is not an aspie, often sat on the floor.

I can't because of terrible circulation; so no matter how I sit, I end up getting dead legs or chronic pins and needles.

But replace the floor with a rocking chair, book and hot chocolate and I am in "aspie" land.

Don't have a regular spot on the floor, but I might plop down when I'm overwhelmed.
As a child, I would sometimes read books curled up in the corner of a room somewhere.

Oh gosh. I never considered it an Aspie trait but I too have always loved the floor. I would often lay on the cold tiles as a kid.

I only said to my partner the other day that it was funny that I could lay anywhere, in weird positions, on the floor, over benches .. Weird places ... And she never does. Nor does any other adult I know.

Our daughter thinks it's great though because she has someone to roll around on the floor with

If the floor is juts vaccumed and washed with mop... with training mat, then i'll take some sit ups! :D That's what i enjoy with floor! Sit ups sit ups.

Well now, does this make me not aspie? :confused:

Perhaps due to my back ground, I cannot sit on the floor! Mind we do not have carpets anyway ie tiles but even when we did have carpets, back in England, I was always the one to sit on a chair and hubby who is not an aspie, often sat on the floor.

I can't because of terrible circulation; so no matter how I sit, I end up getting dead legs or chronic pins and needles.

But replace the floor with a rocking chair, book and hot chocolate and I am in "aspie" land.
Ohhhhh!!!!!!! I like rocking in our hanging thing outside! I don't kno what called... Looks like a sofa!

I like to sit on the floor on a rug with my cats in the evenings.
When I work at the easel I'm standing.
I can't sit in regular chairs, like AsheSkyler said it cuts off the blood flow.
When I saw this thread I wanted to go sit safe and quiet on my spot so I did. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom