• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Most Random Truth!

I've known about it for about two years, but relevant to another form of arthritis I rarely get. This is something new....

I remember giving up sunflower seeds many years ago for essentially the same reasons. Can't give up peanuts, but clearly I can't eat them in large amounts any more.

Orange cats are said to be more affectionate though I don't know.

Our old cat who was orange was an evil miserable cat, he attacked everything and everyone(and I mean full on claws, teeth and bloodshed) except me and my husband, he did not like being petted or talked to or even looked at. If it wasn't for home comforts I'm pretty sure he would have loved to be feral and not come into contact with humans at all.

We have 2 young cats/kittens now (they are 6 months old), Twyla is so affectionate she loves being held and cuddled and stroked and brushed and you name it she loves it, she is the happiest, most loving cat I've ever known. Midnight is so random, some days he will want so much attention and love and other days you only have to say hello to him and his tail is swishing. Affection is very much on his terms, usually in the middle of the night he decides he simply MUST have love. He is what I see as a typical cat, looks down his nose at you, wakes you up to be fed, gets in a mood about nothing, is always stalking things. Twyla is just so laid back and loving but she's also a real trouble maker, if there is somewhere she shouldn't be or something she shouldn't have she's there and shows Midnight all the naughty things to do. Then you take her away from whatever it is by picking her up and she head rubs you and curls up in your arms purring as if to say "Oh look at me I'm too cute to be naughty".

Random truth - I am obsessed with our cats

The legendary rock star Mick Jagger has abnormally high adrenaline levels which possibly partly explains his manic stage performances.

Ever had boiled peanuts? You can find them in Hawaii and South Carolina and probably other places or just make them yourself. They are squishy and yummy!
Come to the South, we have peanuts. :D

One of my coworkers would order a 50lb bag each week, repay the grocery store for ordering it for him, then boil and/or roast and sell them over the weekend. Then each Monday, come to whichever of us cashier's were working and have us exchange his change for "real money".

It's a yellow bird
With a yellow bill.
He sat upon
My window sill.

I coaxed him in
With a piece of bread.
AND THEN I SMASHED
HIS LITTLE HEAD!

A cheer by the IUP Big Indian Marching Band circa 1978.
(And we were quite the rude, lewd bunch, EXCEPT on the field.)

It may be surprising for many on these forums to find out, but there isn't a linear relationship between intelligence and income. Yes, some very, very stupid people have obscene amounts of money and very smart people often don't have any. History has shown that it’s declining cultures that value celebrity over intelligence.

I have observed that wheat leads to extra grotesque bowel movements. Rice tonight!

A couple weeks ago I got the book Wheat Belly from the library, expecting it to be real b**l s**t, because
of the summaries and reviews I had already read. The content was not nonsense. I hadn't thought a lot
about how humans have modified the wheat plant over the past several hundred years.

Wheat hasn't treated me well in years. When my children were little & got WIC, we had wheat puffs. Wheat puffs
made my bladder hurt. So I quit eating wheat puffs. More recently, whole wheat bread messes up my blood sugar...sort of rushes me out. The author makes a case for limiting or eliminating wheat from your diet, saying you won't have
to eat as often because the glucose level of your blood won't fluctuate as much/so wildly as it can eating modern
wheat.

A couple weeks ago I got the book Wheat Belly from the library, expecting it to be real b**l s**t, because
of the summaries and reviews I had already read. The content was not nonsense. I hadn't thought a lot
about how humans have modified the wheat plant over the past several hundred years.

Wheat hasn't treated me well in years. When my children were little & got WIC, we had wheat puffs. Wheat puffs
made my bladder hurt. So I quit eating wheat puffs. More recently, whole wheat bread messes up my blood sugar...sort of rushes me out. The author makes a case for limiting or eliminating wheat from your diet, saying you won't have
to eat as often because the glucose level of your blood won't fluctuate as much/so wildly as it can eating modern
wheat.
I, quite simply, don't like most wheat products very much. Sure, once in a while I'll enjoy a sandwich or something. But for the most part I don't enjoy wheat products too much. Therefore, I don't even have to worry whether claims about wheat not being too great are true or bogus-in either case, I know there are other options out there.

What I do disagree with, however, is when people go too far in eliminating too many types of food-anti carb people, for instance, who don't even recognize "good" sources of carbs, for instance. We are omnivores, after all, and while we don't have to eat every food that's out there, we do need balanced variety in our diet.

The longest German word was banned.

Just in case you're wondering what it is:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

I have no clue what it means, either.

New Threads

Top Bottom