• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A little nervous but . . .

Willow

I'm Willow and I'm use to keeping all of my thoughts and randomness in my head. Sharing will be new for me! I've been an "outsider looking in" for as long as I can remember and never quite managed to get the hang of being normal. I've all but given up on interacting with others but I'm hoping to find some common ground here. Fingers crossed . . .

I like a lot of things and I go in cycles. Halloween, superheroes/comic books, poetry, crocheting, music, animals, reading, creating art, walking, sci Fi, collecting cookbooks that I'll probably never use, volunteering, crime dramas, games - they've all been in rotation lately. I have phases where I get stuck on a topic or activity and that's all I think about for awhile. Then I move on.

logo.png

What TV shows are you watching recently?
I crave warm weather so I love watching Hawaii Five-O and NCIS: LA and dreaming of moving to a non-landlocked state. Also like Criminal Minds since I feel that one of the characters is a kindred spirit of sorts. I'm also watching Charmed on Netflix - it is almost Halloween and, when I was a child, I wanted to have magical powers.

hi willow,welcome to the group! youll like it here no doubt, its very chilled and not at all agressive and cliquey like some forums i could mention.

do you like crime documentaries? theres now quite a few crime channels on UK free view tv,i guess america has similar stuff on cable etc.

I also get so enthused setting up new things. It's so fresh and not yet disappointing :)

hi willow,welcome to the group! youll like it here no doubt, its very chilled and not at all agressive and cliquey like some forums i could mention.

do you like crime documentaries? theres now quite a few crime channels on UK free view tv,i guess america has similar stuff on cable etc.

For the most part, I do like crime documentaries. I work in social services with children in foster care so if it deals too much with child abuse, I'm out!! We have several channels with documentaries and there are several options on Netflix.

I like a lot of things and I go in cycles. Halloween, superheroes/comic books, poetry, crocheting, music, animals, reading, creating art, walking, sci Fi, collecting cookbooks that I'll probably never use, volunteering, crime dramas, games - they've all been in rotation lately. I have phases where I get stuck on a topic or activity and that's all I think about for awhile. Then I move on.
Hello!
We like a lot of the same things including Halloween, comic books, reading and criminal minds (Spencer Reid is my favourite person in that show because he is so similar to me). If you ever want to have a chat feel free to message me [emoji4]

Hello!
We like a lot of the same things including Halloween, comic books, reading and criminal minds (Spencer Reid is my favourite person in that show because he is so similar to me). If you ever want to have a chat feel free to message me [emoji4]

Thanks!

I'm Willow and I'm use to keeping all of my thoughts and randomness in my head. Sharing will be new for me! I've been an "outsider looking in" for as long as I can remember and never quite managed to get the hang of being normal. I've all but given up on interacting with others but I'm hoping to find some common ground here. Fingers crossed . . .
Hello welcome to the planet autism
I was like you until at family Christmas said if you don't talk people won't just talk to you
Speaking is still robotic but talking is ingrained now
What is your thing at the moment mines combo of Christmas decorations birdwatching in the garden
Reading about the holocaust survivors stories
It's still weird communicating via the internet I'm not in my 20s
Stopping

New Threads

Top Bottom