• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your sensitivity borders on......

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
If we on the spectrum are highly sensitive, then we are extremely neurotic. Yes, no,

Are you asking:

Does being highly sensitive result in being extremely neurotic?

One definition of "neurotic" I found is:

"abnormally sensitive, obsessive, or anxious."

Therefore, it doesn't "result" in it, it overlaps with it.

If we on the spectrum are highly sensitive, then we are extremely neurotic. Yes, no,

I’m not sure if the term neurosis is still used much ?
OCD, anxiety disorder, even phobias used to be classed as a neurosis.

“A functional mental disorder involving chronic distress but neither delusions or hallucinations “
(Wiki)

The grounding in reality and absence of delusion and hallucinations had neurosis differ from psychosis.

I’ve hardly ever thought of myself as a neurotic,
Although can sometimes experience some of the symptoms described.

That's that sorted then.

Can you do all the other threads?

Then we can all go home.

LOL I wish I could put two "funny" because that's one of my favorites. It's even funnier because I vaguely remember thinking after posting it, "alright, I guess that's done then" LOL

I’m not sure if the term neurosis is still used much ?
OCD, anxiety disorder, even phobias used to be classed as a neurosis.

“A functional mental disorder involving chronic distress but neither delusions or hallucinations “
(Wiki)

The grounding in reality and absence of delusion and hallucinations had neurosis differ from psychosis.

I’ve hardly ever thought of myself as a neurotic,
Although can sometimes experience some of the symptoms described.

The history you describe is where the origin of BPD's silly name is rooted! It's on the border between neurosis and psychosis. :eek:

But although "Neurosis" as a technical term isn't really used anymore, in my experience, "neurotic," as a colloquial term is still common.

Basically anyone neat or punctual, far as I can tell. :)

LOL I wish I could put two "funny" because that's one of my favorites. It's even funnier because I vaguely remember thinking after posting it, "alright, I guess that's done then" LOL
I've been waiting 40 years for the context..
I think it was Han Solo in star wars said something like it.
Always amused me :)

I've been waiting 40 years for the context..
I think it was Han Solo in star wars said something like it.
Always amused me :)

Oh, I had no idea!
And 40 years is pretty long! Long enough that you were unknowingly waiting all that time for me to be born, potty trained, schooled, beaten, worked, and led here to give you that context!
Wow!
You're welcome!

Oh, I had no idea!
And 40 years is pretty long! Long enough that you were unknowingly waiting all that time for me to be born, potty trained, schooled, beaten, worked, and led here to give you that context!
Wow!
You're welcome!

My work is done here.
::)

This was first on the page when I typed in neurotic:
neu·rot·ic
[n(y)o͝oˈrädik]
ADJECTIVE
medicine
  1. having, caused by, or relating to neurosis.
    synonyms:
    mentally ill · mentally disturbed · mentally deranged · unstable ·
    [more]
NOUN
  1. a neurotic person.
Which, in that case, NO. Not at all.

I guess it depends on your definition of neurotic. I don't see any of us as mentally ill. And what they have listed as a noun is actually an adjective to the noun - person. - umph.
And I'm completely lost in the rest of this thread. :confused:o_Oo_Oo_O

Funny, I thought autism came with the diagnostic description "hypo and hyper sensitivities" which fits me nicely.
I come from very neurotic stock but I don't think I'm doing too badly, all things considered, so no, I'm not someone who considers myself overly neurotic, more like logically and consequently neurotic with a dash of dissociated, and a pinch of stoic and chill.

Thanks, l thought it was fun to throw that out there and see what came back. Just really don't like being so sensitive, so just grasping at straws in dealing with it. Seems more of a cross on my back that l carry.

New Threads

Top Bottom