• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your average day?

This semester, I haven't fallen into a routine yet, like I usually have by this point. It's affecting my mood, but not my performance, thankfully. Every day is a little different, because I've been training for my new jobs. Now though, I should be able to fall into a more regular routine:

Classes:
Monday/Tuesday: 3:30-4:45PM
Wednesday/Thursday: 3:30-4:45PM and 5:30-8:10PM

Job 1:
Tuesday 11:00AM-2:00PM, Wednesday 1:00-2:00PM, Friday 1:30-4:00PM

Job 2: Fridays 7:30AM to 12:30PM

Volunteer job: Wednesday 8:00-11:00AM

At lest now I have set days when I'm doing things; when I worked in the museum, I might work any two days of the week, and always both days on the weekends. I work fewer hours now but it's more consistent and I have more time for studying.

What do you do for work, Chris?
I stack shelves at a supermarket. It's an awful job, I can't stand it. I have condescending bosses that really underestimate me. I don't really have a choice though. It puts fuel in the car to get to college when I need to, etc. :(

I stack shelves at a supermarket. It's an awful job, I can't stand it. I have condescending bosses that really underestimate me. I don't really have a choice though. It puts fuel in the car to get to college when I need to, etc. :(

What kind of opportunities do you have for getting a new job? At 17, I would think there would be more things open to you. Libraries are nice and quiet, and the people tend to be nice. So are historical museums. Sometimes you can find jobs that fit your obsessions, and it's usually not too too difficult to find jobs that meet your sensory needs. It always sucks when your bosses treat you poorly :(

The job scene isn't anywhere near as open as you might think here in the UK. Part time jobs are absolute gold dust, you have to take whatever is on offer. :(

I expect to be stuck with this job at least until I go to university in 2~ years time.

It also sucks because Morrisons (the supermarket) are a cooperate giant. You're just a number to them. If you aren't a complete robot and do your job without fail they will just replace you. I'm trying to find a new job, but as I said... it's tough. :(

The U.S. job market is so bad that I haven't even been able to find a part time, minimum wage job for two years. I even tried to get a job shoveling horse manure at a local barn and said I'd take less than minimum wage, but they'd already hired mexicans who'd work for $1 an hour and I couldn't go that low. I am hoping this summer will be different. I want to go on a caribbean cruise next summer with my boyfriend, and though I can afford it at the moment it is only with student loan refund money. XD I gotta make some real money first or OI'll be in debt forever.

Ah right. Sounds like you know the situation well then. :p

It's a complete joke. :(

Wake up.
Go to the bathroom.
Put wood in the fire.
Feed cats. Indoor & outdoor.
Make lunch for my son.
Take vitamins with half a cooked apple.
Feed chickens.
Probably look at AC & email.
Fix breakfast. Eat.
Attempt to make some aspect of house more orderly.
See if there is any mail outside.
Feed chickens again in the afternoon.
More wood in the fire.
Think about stuff while I am moving around.

LOL
Maybe I should have put this in the Experimental Really Boring Thread.

Since it's winter, putting wood in fire, getting some wood in to put in the fire,
and going up on the roof to shovel snow are the most repetitious activities.

I haven't gotten settled in enough yet from being away from home to
actually work on any sewing projects. I have put together some generators,
though.

Get up
Make coffee
Take pills
Feed animals, wife and daughter
Go poop
Wash hair
Brush teeth
Go to work cleaning carpet
Come home
Feed animals, wife and daughter
Go to daughters ballgames or practice
Read until daughter goes to bed
Watch TV
Sleep

I use my laptop a lot. Like, all day, as soon as I've washed up in the morning. Even more now that I can only be in my room for so long because it's cold. I have meals around the normal times but dinner's usually the only one I have away from my laptop, haha. And I shower right after dinner, only to get on my laptop again. When my life is 'normal' as in I can live in my own bedroom, I do get up and walk around every half hour for the health benefits though. And before my current 'cold bedroom' nonsense started I used to get off the laptop late in the afternoon to read or something. I plan to do all that again as soon as I move and can have my own warm room again.
And of course if it's a work day, I have to plan my normal routine around my shift.
Also I'm a night owl, so my normal bedtime is 2 AM unless I have an early shift the next day.

New Threads

Top Bottom