• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

YO!

nerdbox08

Hey folks,

I've looked over the forums a bit and they seem friendlier and easier to understand that others I've seen over the past couple of days.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm out to achieve, maybe just a better understanding of myself. Little back story is in order, I suppose.

I'm 28 years old and have had mild to severe problems all of my life. I've been in therapy since I was 13, I've been on disability since I was 17 and we still are trying to this day to determine a course of action that address all of my issues.

We've gotten a mild grip on my anxiety and we've been able to stunt the mood disorder a bit, but there are many things there are still problematic in my life.

My 'therapy', if you will, is through University of Michigan's psych unit, being a teaching college I get a new psychiatrist every so often, while this hasn't been a major issue, I think it does make for some troubles here and there. One of my previous doctors had brought up the idea of autism but we never got a chance to look further into it and it slipped my mind as time went on.

Now that I'm further along in my life and have a mild grasp on some things, my mind has gone back to "How do I fix everything else?" Well, I need to know what everything else is before I can move forward. I took some online tests and done some reading, they only give me a starting point to really understanding that some form of autism might play a part in my life.

I'm here to learn and understand myself better and hopefully I can help along the way too.

So, thank you for this community :)

Welcome to Aspergic Forums. Hope you enjoy your time here and find the answers to your questions.

Hi and welcome! I hope you find what you're looking for here! :) If nothing else, I'm sure you'll find friends. :wave:

Welcome to Aspergic Forums. Hope you enjoy your time here and find the answers to your questions.

Hi and welcome! I hope you find what you're looking for here! :) If nothing else, I'm sure you'll find friends. :wave:

Thank you both for the warm welcome. :)

I know none of you can give me the 'answers' I am seeking, perse, but from just reading what I have so far, I feel I can relate so well. It's a nice feeling.

Grrrreetings, I'm not speaking for the AS community with that as I am without a current diagnosis, however you share my powerful name and it's always good to meet another Alec =D My name clackedions is incidentally an anagram of Alec Dickson, how fun ey? ;D I hope you find some solice here.

New Threads

Top Bottom