• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Winning an Aspie back

Very recently, I discovered that my former partner possibly has Aspie. I read up on AS, and suddenly things about our past relationship made sense.

My Aspie currently associates me with stress/anxiety, because of the mistakes I've made in the past by overreacting to things. I've since learned, and have admitted this and apologized to my Aspie.

My partner might or might not be aware of this condition, but I suspect there is some awareness.

Is it even possible to re-attract my Aspie, and if so, how should I go about it?
Hey :)

Did you get your (Ex)-Partner back ?
I would like to know, as this post is already years ago. But I am in the same situation now ...

Best

Very recently, I discovered that my former partner possibly has Aspie. I read up on AS, and suddenly things about our past relationship made sense.

My Aspie currently associates me with stress/anxiety, because of the mistakes I've made in the past by overreacting to things. I've since learned, and have admitted this and apologized to my Aspie.

My partner might or might not be aware of this condition, but I suspect there is some awareness.

Is it even possible to re-attract my Aspie, and if so, how should I go about it?

You should ask them because like NT, we're different.

For me personally it's not possible. Once my attraction is gone, it's gone. But not everyone is like me.

You should ask them because like NT, we're different.

For me personally it's not possible. Once my attraction is gone, it's gone. But not everyone is like me.
what if I broke up with you... I broke up with my ex because I wanted him to be happy and I thought he just needed some space and time. He told me that I am and always will be a wonderful person. And currently he cant give me what i deserve because of so much stress with work and personal things (brother and father died)...

After the broke up we talked a litte bit.. he was telling me he didnt want our relationship to end and he want to try really slow. That was 4-5 months ago... since then we met one time. When I ask him about meeting, he says yes. But there is nothing coming from him. He also didnt tell about the broke up to our good friends (almost half a year now). So people assume that he dont want to broke up final with me.

How do you assess this thing with me and him? I found out he has asperger 2 months ago... I am highly sensitive and he always told me that he never felt this connection to anyone (he is already 40 years). So I think its not easy for him to let me go or?

New Threads

Top Bottom