• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will I Ever Meet Someone Will Delivery On The Things They Say?

NT's have the same problem! I think people are so busy nowadays that they are too lazy to actually stop and think about whether they can do the thing you ask or not. It is easier to just say okay and then forget about it. A bad habit, to be sure. You might say, "Now, it you find that you can't follow up on this, it's okay, but Please call or text me to let me know. Because I have a life, too, and I can't sit around and wait all the time!" Good luck and blessings!
Totally agree...!!!!!
Also I know *I* have a big problem saying ‘no’ to things.... I just try to cram lots and lots in... not great, as things get missed or have to be ‘rain checked’ because I’m exhausted....!! It’s not due to lack of wanting to be somewhere or do something at the time of agreeing- it’s just that when they get piled up and time runs out.... sometimes something has to give...!!
Not great I know... but on the other hand my Aspie can be very forgetful about things that have been arranged... so I don’t think it’s just an NT thing... :)

Totally agree...!!!!!
Also I know *I* have a big problem saying ‘no’ to things.... I just try to cram lots and lots in... not great, as things get missed or have to be ‘rain checked’ because I’m exhausted....!! It’s not due to lack of wanting to be somewhere or do something at the time of agreeing- it’s just that when they get piled up and time runs out.... sometimes something has to give...!!
Not great I know... but on the other hand my Aspie can be very forgetful about things that have been arranged... so I don’t think it’s just an NT thing... :)
Oh, I know it's not just NT's. It's a Human thing!

New Threads

Top Bottom