• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wicca and witchcraft

Kalinychta

V.I.P Member
While perusing my bookshelves last night, I noticed several old volumes about Wicca and witchcraft that I’ve accumulated over the years, beginning in high school. When I was a kid I was obsessed with The Mists of Avalon and ancient Goddess-centric religions. Autistic people tend to “cross the border” when it comes to conventional interests, so I wondered: has anyone else on this forum taken an interest in Wicca or witchcraft or even rosicrucianism, mysticism, or Santo Daime and ayahuasca, etc.?

Not really into it myself but a family member is. Collected some water from both wells at Glastonbury when I was there for her along with taking a hike up to the Tor myself via Avalon Orchard.

While I consider the Portland Sunday Market to be neat for handmade and hipster stuff, the town of Glastonbury itself is very new-agey in that everywhere you turn there's a store selling crystals, literature, and the like.

I've been interested mostly in the history of magic, not as much in its practice. The kind of books I'm interested are academic, like Magika Hiera which I read recently and I think it's fantastic.

There are some recent mystics that have been on interest to me, however, like Gurdjieff because of references to him I've found in not-so-good books, but I haven't looked deeply into him. Worth noting that my interest in Gurdjieff was recently revived because my faculty, which is devoted to sciences, screened the short film The Master and the Carriage during a movie night.

20201231_160835.jpg

I am considering becoming a pagan and practicing witchcraft. While I am currently not religious, I believe there might be some type of force behind unexplainable events and other occurances. I also want to reject Christianity, but that is for another thread.

I'm interested in paganism magic and witchcraft, but not in a spiritual way or as a practice, just interested in different ways of seeing the world.

I have always been interested in wicca, the occult, divination methods and such. I am no longer wiccan though in the past i experiemented a little with magick.

Not really into it myself but a family member is. Collected some water from both wells at Glastonbury when I was there for her along with taking a hike up to the Tor myself via Avalon Orchard.

While I consider the Portland Sunday Market to be neat for handmade and hipster stuff, the town of Glastonbury itself is very new-agey in that everywhere you turn there's a store selling crystals, literature, and the like.

Nice! Glastonbury’s pagan history dates back 7,000 years or more.

I have always been interested in wicca, the occult, divination methods and such. I am no longer wiccan though in the past i experiemented a little with magick.

What happened when you experimented with magick? I’ve used it a few times, too, with absolutely astonishing results.

What happened when you experimented with magick? I’ve used it a few times, too, with absolutely astonishing results.

Mine was effective too. It was about finding love and it caused a guy i met at college to become obsessed with me even though we talked like 2 times. It was kind of scary to be honest.

New Threads

Top Bottom