• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which ASD traits do you not have?

I'm terrible at math but, my mind is a steel trap for phone numbers and addresses, I never forget them.

I do see patterns in many things but, I don't actively catalog or look for such patterns.

I am fairly gregarious and, a skilled socialite but, that is not natural to me, it is learned behaviors and skills, as I joke, I'm an extroverted introvert, meaning necessity and experience has taught me to behave as an extrovert when I am an introvert at heart.

I don't flap my hands, I do have other fidgets with my hands and feet but not flapping.

I am an adventurous eater and, I enjoy trying new foods. Some foods can touch one another on my plate while others cannot. I love mashed potatoes on fried chicken but, those same potatoes had best not touch my liver and onions. Peas are okay if they get into my potatoes or rice but, not corn. Gravy is fine in corn and green beans but not in carrots or peas. That sort of thing, so sort of Aspie and sort of not I guess.

I enjoy being spontaneous if I am on vacation or hiatus but, not otherwise.

I'm pretty sure I'm an empath. I get accurate feelings about what people are feeling or thinking on an intuitive level. It's the obvious things that I always miss.

I am very aware that many or most people don't share my obsessions or interests so I don't go on and on unaware that the listener isn't interested . I don't say socially inappropriate things anymore . As a result I am probably quieter now than I have ever been and I have always been a quiet person in general .

New Threads

Top Bottom