• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what would an aspie world look like?

smith2267

If everyone was aspie....I posit that the world would be quieter, with much less jabbering. Also I think there would be a lot less crime, and probably no war.

well i for one think a lot more would get done, looking back at history a lot of famous people were aspies and they are the ones that moved things forward

Maybe aspies got things done because of a neurotypical world.

The thing I feel with aspies is that even though we all have the same disorder (let's just keep it at this for simplicity), we don't all have equal ways of doing things. Some aspies tend to go more of a sociopath route, some of us are more "held back" because of inhibitions and some will actually want to get stuff done. And similarly some aspies like to do drugs, drink and enjoy "illegal" activities. I don't know if that's something that goes along with asperger's, but to put it this way... there are bad people, even among aspies.

I'm quite sure that there would be less of a social drama going on with aspies in general, but even aspies tend to disagree rather violently (even if it's just in terms of arguments and "wordfights") sometimes.

Also; "In an ideal world"... in an ideal world employment rates would be different, social services would be different, maybe even technological progress would be different. It's hard to how it all pans out. I'm quite sure that if you'd put it like "Imagine everyone would be an aspie right now"... a lot of laws still would not make sense globally. And if those laws weren't there since aspies were there since the beginning of time, then the cookie might have crumbled a totally different way. Perhaps the "first aspie" got set in motion BECAUSE of a NT world.

Just think of the differences there'd be on the political scene. There'd be no more convoluted lies, and world leaders would feel comfortable with taking whatever actions they deem right, simply knowing that that's what they believe in. Also, many features of modern life would be organised logically and efficiently. The "should"'s would all turn into "will"'s.

It is an interesting idea indeed! While we all have the same disorder (I think it is a difference) it manifests very differently in each of us. Some of us are hermits, others are more sociable. Our guy Geordie would be a great nominee as an Aspie politician alongside YOU, ChristianT. Like in any cultural community, people with different skills & interests are suited to different tasks.

Imagine going to an Aspie grocery store: essentials people run out of regularly will be placed close together for ease of grabbing & going: no more having to run to the 4 corners of a store to buy milk, bread, eggs, juice & a few fruits! No more MUZAK!!! No more bright neon lights! No more sample ladies or people harassing you to take out a store credit card!!! Imagine NEVER having to ask what something costs because the prices are clearly displayed. Imagine *dare I say it* ALWAYS finding everything you need right where it is supposed to be! Imagine, for those more reclusive sorts, NEVER having to ever go in the 1st place: you go online, click on what you want, pay & it gets delivered by some very meticulous QUIET & EFFICIENT Aspies who will NOT try to chat you up about the weather, your day, your dog or anything else whatsoever!!!

How about the aspie marketers. Instead of trying to trick you into buying their product they would work hard at explaining why precisely this truly is a good product that has a purpose and function that makes it practical and useful. There would be no teeny type to hide stuff they do not want you to see.

Loomis, that sounds too good to be true! The only ads that come close to that are the ones for the Dyson Vacuum cleaners featuring James Dyson. The thing he doesn't tell you in the ads is that the vacuum is cost prohibitive. I tested his & I tested the Shark: bought the latter, saved 300$ & never looked back.

Products that said 'contains X Y Z would contain only X Y Z as stated. No more 'made with real fruit' on something made mostly of petroleum, red dye #9 & a shaving of rind from a rotted lemon. No more 'this ______ is a part of this complete breakfast ads' (so is a fistful of cat hair IF I sprinkle it on your toast!) Aspies with an OCD for cleaning & germs would be recruited to ensure that public lavatories are up to snuff.

Imagine never getting poked, prodded, having your arm rubbed, your ear whispered in, your cheeks pinched or kissed, someone's hairy arm casually tossed over your shoulder (I know this is a NT gesture of bonhomie) or draped through your arm. I'm ready to pack my bags & move there now.

Yes, and people wouldn't litter when they see a sign that tells them not to litter, and not exceed any speed limits on the roads. Oh yes, think how safe the roads would be...

Only stone sober people with valid licenses would drive in the 1st place.

Many Aspies are troubled people struggling with destructive & unhealthy behaviours & habits. I'd bet that much of this is a consequence of the stress of having to live in a world that is built by & for others. The stress of never being truly accepted even in one's own family, of being constantly misunderstood & made to feel wrong & defective, the stress of being excluded for those who are lonely & desperately want to have friends, the stress of being labelled intrinsically defective...I could make this list long indeed!

Many of these addictive, self-medicating & dysfunctional behaviours would cease to exist if we could live in a validating & dignifying environment. I'd bet that many of the neurotic type disorders would also greatly diminish & disappear. In short, being an Aspie would be normative.

In an aspie world there would probably be less vandalism. No people having the urge to spray ugly graffiti in terms of just tags around. There would be less broken windows of busstops, less damaging other peoples property because of boredom.

Surely we'd all get a bit bored sometimes, but I think most aspies can easily fix that problem by themselves and not making their existence a pain in the rear for others.

Oh... and here's another fun thing... with careful planning all public transportation would run ON time. (it's a thing I sometimes wonder why current train/bus times are they way they are... they're brought up in a vaccuum, where there's no other traffic to impose a delay).

Probably, laws would be more clear and concise and open to everyone with less personal interpretation. And of course laws would make sense and be fair for everyone.

Oh, and employment... I'm quite sure that an aspie world would have less issues with all these silly NT requirements to be implemented on a job. The mandatory socializing thing being on the big ones. Having co-workers floundering and making mistakes as we go might be another one... provided you'd have aspies in a department where they belong and have clear rules.

I could go on and on probably

Yes, and people wouldn't litter when they see a sign that tells them not to litter

I don't really think I'd need a sign for that... it's like if there's no sign, it's ok to litter...

Perhaps there would be more trash cans in the street as well... just to start with ;) since currently it annoys me no end to haul whatever stuff I want to throw in a garbage can and not finding a can at the corner of the street... and not on the next, and the next, and the next...

It happens to be something related to vandalism here... some people like to tear trashcans from the lampposts where they're mounted to and just throw them across the street... result; local government thinks it's silly to put trashcans around since they're being damaged instead of used.

some people like to tear trashcans from the lampposts where they're mounted to and just throw them across the street... result; local government thinks it's silly to put trashcans around since they're being damaged instead of used.

Such a ridiculous, defeatist solution. "Oh well, we tried. Let's just let the planet die now," stronger mounts, perhaps?

Anyway, maybe littering isn't the best example. How about signs prohibiting no flash photography - in an aspie world, there'd be no terrified zoo animals or wrecked live shows. Read the signs is what I'm trying to say - they're usually put up for a reason, but disobeyed for no real reason at all.

Such a ridiculous, defeatist solution. "Oh well, we tried. Let's just let the planet die now," stronger mounts, perhaps?

Anyway, maybe littering isn't the best example. How about signs prohibiting no flash photography - in an aspie world, there'd be no terrified zoo animals or wrecked live shows. Read the signs is what I'm trying to say - they're usually put up for a reason, but disobeyed for no real reason at all.

Oh... I kinda got the impression you meant signs and a lot of aspies tend to be like "well, the sign says this, so I won't".

The reason they're disobeyed by a lot of people is because they don't care or realize why the sign is up in the first place. To them it's like... "but I want to do this" and therefore all rules are gone, just for the sake of their own pleasure.

As for the cans... yes, stronger mounts, but they cost money and I guess that's NOT where the government wants to spend it on.

On a related note of vandalism; in my area we had benches made of reinforced concrete (the "legs" and mount) with wooden seatings, as well as some places have steel benches welded to plates IN the sidewalk. Both types of benches got destroyed... it's like people destroy it for the heck of it and by such force, where I wonder if they used a car to "tactically relocate" both types of benches, since concrete bits were all over the place... the welded one was all torn up. Yet I never heard someone say "wow.. .what happened here, perhaps we need more ways to keep an eye on this kind of vandalism". It's like the governments give people things and if someone within the community breaks it, they're a bit like "meh... clearly they can't maintain these things themselves... but we gave them a chance".

But let's not get into a discussion about the "severity of vandalism in someones area" but see what an aspie world could provide :)

And the law system.. oh God... I would change so many things. If I may, little short story to illustrate:

I went to buy some soda at 11pm but 2 blocks out a headlamp stopped working. I immediately turned back and headed home. Around 100 meters before I got home I got stopped by a patrol car and got a ticket for the broken headlamp that just broke. A $200 dollar fine, right there, and they take your license away until you pay the fine.

Next day I went to the court house to pay the fine. Lady said they didn't accepted credit cards or debit cards, only cash or check:

Me - OK I got a check, here you go
Lady - Might I see identification
Me - Sure, here is my work id
Lady - No sir, it has to be an ID issued by the State.
Me - You mean, the license?
Lady - Yes sir the license
Me - But but... *YOU* have my license, that's why I'm paying *YOU* with this check, to get the license back...
Lady - No id, no check... you need cash then
Me - ARG!

And the law system.. oh God... I would change so many things. If I may, little short story to illustrate:

I went to buy some soda at 11pm but 2 blocks out a headlamp stopped working. I immediately turned back and headed home. Around 100 meters before I got home I got stopped by a patrol car and got a ticket for the broken headlamp that just broke. A $200 dollar fine, right there, and they take your license away until you pay the fine.

Next day I went to the court house to pay the fine. Lady said they didn't accepted credit cards or debit cards, only cash or check:

Me - OK I got a check, here you go
Lady - Might I see identification
Me - Sure, here is my work id
Lady - No sir, it has to be an ID issued by the State.
Me - You mean, the license?
Lady - Yes sir the license
Me - But but... *YOU* have my license, that's why I'm paying *YOU* with this check, to get the license back...
Lady - No id, no check... you need cash then
Me - ARG!

That's a bureaucratic mess no one will look into as such (at least right now).

Would be even more interesting if you need an ID to withdraw cash from the bank. I don't see why they should physically take your card, especially if it has multiple uses (proof you can drive and a way to ID yourself). Don't you people in the US have a passport or ID card besides the license?

In The Netherlands you'll get fined if you cannot ID yourself and everyone needs an ID-card of sorts, seperate from a license. And it's a card they will never take away for reasons like this, since it's no use to anyone else.

That's a bureaucratic mess no one will look into as such (at least right now).

Would be even more interesting if you need an ID to withdraw cash from the bank. I don't see why they should physically take your card, especially if it has multiple uses (proof you can drive and a way to ID yourself). Don't you people in the US have a passport or ID card besides the license?

In The Netherlands you'll get fined if you cannot ID yourself and everyone needs an ID-card of sorts, seperate from a license. And it's a card they will never take away for reasons like this, since it's no use to anyone else.

There use to be a State ID that was issued by the State for ID purposes only. They stop giving those when I had the ticket issue and lately I heard they started doing it again. There's a passport, yes. But costs like $80 dollars to get and it takes a long time. In the US, there's no law that I know of that requires you to carry an ID with you at all times. It would be an issue for certain activities like jogging and swimming. If you are not doing anything that requires a license, you don't need an ID on you, afaik. Then again, every State is different...

Why do they expect you to pay them $200 for a light you didn't break?!? Also, if they simply take a look at the light, they will be able to tell immediately whether the old piece of junk simply broke down & died on its own or if someone deliberately broke it (like a shattered light, shards of plastic & a brick with bits of plastic on it). I guess that kind of logic doesn't apply: it isn't Asperia.

Why do they expect you to pay them $200 for a light you didn't break?!? Also, if they simply take a look at the light, they will be able to tell immediately whether the old piece of junk simply broke down & died on its own or if someone deliberately broke it (like a shattered light, shards of plastic & a brick with bits of plastic on it). I guess that kind of logic doesn't apply: it isn't Asperia.

Wasn't the crystal, it was the bulb of the car I was driving. Law says you need to have 2 working headlamps. If a headlamp stops working (you need new bulb), you get ticket.

This city where I live ranks as the #3 in the whole US for harshest traffic fines. Almost every silly thing is $200 bucks and up. Lucky me :\

Isn't that the case with a lot of stuff. Why should I shell out money for something that someone else broke, but I wasn't around to confirm this, even if it's my own property. And even more, why should I pay a fine because I can't afford to pay something right away.

In case of a car I'm even inclined to say "then make society less dependant on cars" I don't have money to fix it every time it breaks down because OTHER people damaged it (and I probably wont have means to protect my stuff like this with cameras). But then again... I don't own a car and I always laugh when I hear people complain when they for the annual check up and they have to pay 1000 for repairs.

Wow that sucks in MA & FL they usually give you a warning and only ticket you the next time.
They never take your license away except for DUI convictions, driving without insurance except NH where that is legal &
reckless driving (30+ mph over the posted limit) which they rarely do.

I was clocked at 95mph in a 55mph speed limit and only got a warning.:D

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom