• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Unfriended

Which was quite ok, despite what a lot of horror movies with teens are usually like.

16 candles.

Surprisingly it was the first time I'd watched it and I don't often watch films I haven't seen before. It was good though.

I just sat through 5.5 hours of the director's cut of Nymphomaniac, watching both parts back to back, the way they're intended IMO.

I quite enjoyed the movie, but then again... Von Trier does have it's movies which probably aren't for everyone, but it seems what many people consider uncomfortable to watch is pretty much what I want to see.

I've looked at what was cut from the theatrical release, which is a substantial amount as the combined length of both movies is 90 minutes shorter; the scenes that were cut... I can't imagine anything being cut but still having the same impact in general about the characters.

The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

I liked the sense of humour in it and there were alot of explosions.

Watched The flaspoint paradox, 50/50 and Nightcrawler today

I sometimes hate when I end up making lists of movies I need to catch up with and I get all obsessive to finish the list. But at least the movies on that list are almost all gone; only about another 8 series or so that span multiple seasons and will probably require 50+ hours each... hopefully to go through before the fall programming starts for new shows I want to see... well aside from Fear the walking dead which premiered last night already.

I don't have time to watch movies, but I did see one of the Back to the Future movies on TV a few days ago. I took the time to sit down and watch it. The last one was coming on when it finished, but I had to get back to work. I don't think I've seen the last one.

Three Comrades, 1938.
Screenplay by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Three guys who were soldiers remain friends after the war.
3 German guys.
The first world war, but of course they don't know it's only the first.
There is a girl. She is beautiful. One of them marries her.
Everybody is happy.
She dies.
The 3 guys go off to be idealistic comrades, maybe fight in another war.
Or if they are too old to fight, they can work in the auto shop.
As they march off together, the ghost/spirit of the dead wife goes with them.

Mr. Nobody

Brilliant movie and quite surprised I didn't hear about this movie years ago... but then again, I didn't know the director either, nor was it a big blockbuster.

Anyone interested in weird sci-fi stuff with a dash of philosophy along the lines of determinism should give it a go.

I've just watched the 1922 silent version of Oliver Twist starring Jackie Coogan as Oliver twist and Lon Chaney as Fagin. I watched it on DVD but for anyone else who feel the urge to watch it, it has been uploaded by someone to YouTube. According to the comments there unless you like to hear the same piece of piano music played on an endless loop it might be advisable to mute the sound and play some of your own mp3s to accompany it instead.

I have just seen the Imitation game, which is interesting for a number of reasons.

One of them being the story of Alan Turing and the decoding of the Engima machine during the 2nd World War.

The abhorrent way he was treated for his sexual orientation and of course he is thought to be on the spectrum.

IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2084970/

Last weekend I watched 9 Friday the 13th movies.. only to remind myself how bad they actually are and I never ever have to see them again. Need to check the remake sometime... but I fear the worst, lol

Since the start of the school year I have seen several new movies.

"Sicario" which I really liked. Except for the script/portrayal of the woman FBI agent. She was too 'nice/do good/naive.' The rest of the characters were excellent.

"The Martian" was very good. It reminded me a lot of "Gravity." I was delighted with the way "The Martian" ended.

I liked "Black Mass" too. Seems to me that crime movies are going from stories that made big time crime look like fun & games between cops and 'bad' guys to stories that show how terrible real crime actually is for everybody. ???

Waiting for "Hunger Games 4." "Hunger Games 1" felt like an illustration for the text of the first book. I think the on-screen story/presentation and acting improved since then. And there were simplifications to the story as compared to the book. Duh. Waiting to see how number "4" looks on the screen and what is done to the story.

New Threads

Top Bottom