• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What resources are needed to make and publish a graphic novel?

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I'm starting to realize that story writing isn't just going to be a hobby for me, but my career, despite how difficult that may be. I still want to explore some of my other career ideas when I can, especially that Catholic art-selling site; but for now, I'm going to explore my literary ideas and try to write them. And just last evening, I got another idea.

So last evening, I got an idea for a graphic novel series and thus, I'm here to ask, what resources are needed in order to make and publish such a series? Despite drawing a lot in elementary school I'm a horrible artist, and because this novel is going to be explicitly Catholic, I want know what things should be kept in mind when searching for the people and resources needed.

Could you ask a Diocese for financial support or publishing connections? Once you float the idea to some people, others may connect. It seems to be a project that would require connections.

One thing that's nice these days is that there's a lot of self-publishing / publish on demand options, as well as selling e-books.

As for illustrations, there's also lots of artists on various websites (e.g. Deviant Art) who do commissions / freelance at relatively reasonable rates. Now if it's for a publication, they would likely charge more than if you were just buying something to hang on your wall, but not so much that it would be prohibitive.

New Threads

Top Bottom