• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What movies have made you cry?

Misty Avich

I prefer to be referred to as ADHD
V.I.P Member
Various Disney movies, such as The Fox And The Hound and The Lion King.

The end of Hocus Pocus when the cat dies. It should be made illegal to have cats die in movies.

The animated children's movie Grandpa (by Raymond Briggs or Howard Blake?) Literally every time I have ever watched the ending, even as a small child, I cry my heart out. In fact I can't even watch the ending. Also the end of Ethel And Ernest makes me cry. Raymond Briggs really knows how to touch your heart.

And the Stephen King movie Carrie always makes me cry too, to the point where I feel a bit traumatised emotionally for a few days after watching it. While the movie scares other people, it doesn't seem to scare me. It just makes me cry.

Also Marley And Me when the dog dies, Ramona And Beezus when the cat dies, and The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas whenever I saw the poor Jews being punished like that for something they didn't do, and the mother's hysterical reaction when she finds Bruno had gone into the camps at the end.

I am such an emotional wreck lol. What movies make you cry?

The second 1970's filming of The Railway Children. Every time I get the video player set up and watch it I cry. It is soo real and beautiful!

another film was one of the Herbie movies (The third one they did) where when my parents took me to see it in the cinema when it came out, I was in tears near the end. I was soo sad about that car that needed fixing! I had to leave the cinema in floods of tears. I think I was about 14 at the time.

When I was younger I could not be in the room when certain music was playing as it would make me cry. I used to avoid that type of music.

Lots. Any movie with a touching moment will do it. I HATE it. Feels like Neo getting plugged into the matrix in the back of his head. Just too much.

I try to go to the cinema with my youngest girl, but we both have the same problem so avoid it now. Really dislike Disney/Pixar movies for that reason and she does too. Worst to-date was the beginning of Up. Just can't watch it or I'll feel terrible for hours after. We now have to hunt out movies that are purely drama/thriller/fun. They can't have any scenes of loss, regret, sadness, etc or I'll have a killer headache and a kid who is on the verge of throwing up whilst struggling to grab breaths between sobs.

Bambi. Love Story. Any film where a person or animal dies, where it's presented poignantly.
Some films that have weddings! I am a bit of a Cryer...

A lot of them. A few that come to mind instantly:
- Spirit – Stallion of the Cimarron
- The Hunger Games Part 1
- Inside out
- Love, Victor (series, certain scenes)
- Brother Bear
There are a lot more and I will probably remember as soon as I post this, but those are the most present right now

Many movies. Most recently it was All Of Us Strangers. That movie wrecked me.

Bambi. Love Story. Any film where a person or animal dies, where it's presented poignantly.
Some films that have weddings! I am a bit of a Cryer...
Not seen Bambi apart from movie clips as every time it came on someone said "I've seen that before" so the channel would be changed.

I know the scene where Bambi learns to walk.

Charlotte's Web (when Charlotte dies)

Dot and the Kangaroo (when the kangaroo leaves Dot at the end)

A Dog's Way Home (I understand that pit bulls are illegal to own in certain cities, but still!)

Lyle, Lyle Crocodile (when Lyle got taken away)

Osmosis Jones (when Frank almost dies)

Big Daddy (when Sonny loses custody, although the kid was technically someone else's child)

Click (When Adam Sandler's character nearly dies, at least it was a dream)

Hocus Pocus (I don't like that Binx died, either)

The Last Unicorn (the whole movie in general is very melancholy)

An American Tail (somewhere out there...)

Pooh's Grand Adventure (poor Pooh was so alone without Christopher Robin)

Pokemon: The First Movie (Ash got turned to stone, not even Pikachu could revive him. It did get better, though)

Toy Story series
- "When She Loved Me" from 2
- The incinerator scene in 3

Coco ("Remember Me")

Various Disney movies, such as The Fox And The Hound and The Lion King.

The end of Hocus Pocus when the cat dies. It should be made illegal to have cats die in movies.

The animated children's movie Grandpa (by Raymond Briggs or Howard Blake?) Literally every time I have ever watched the ending, even as a small child, I cry my heart out. In fact I can't even watch the ending. Also the end of Ethel And Ernest makes me cry. Raymond Briggs really knows how to touch your heart.

And the Stephen King movie Carrie always makes me cry too, to the point where I feel a bit traumatised emotionally for a few days after watching it. While the movie scares other people, it doesn't seem to scare me. It just makes me cry.

Also Marley And Me when the dog dies, Ramona And Beezus when the cat dies, and The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas whenever I saw the poor Jews being punished like that for something they didn't do, and the mother's hysterical reaction when she finds Bruno had gone into the camps at the end.

I am such an emotional wreck lol. What movies make you cry?
Elf when she sings out Christmas spirit every single time.
Home alone when the mum sees him when she comes back and she is like oh Kevin I missed you.
Home alone because of how close their family is and how they are very cheerful so nice.
Others have but not always a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom