• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your one worst fear?

Never having anyone truly understand me, including myself. Just typing that is giving me more anxiety about it.

Being confined to a prison environment. It seems as though there is a social heiracy amongst inmates and navigating the social aspects is vital to staying safe, all of which I would be hopeless at.

I can't stand being unconscious, which stems into me being afraid of sleep, and also death. The idea of not being "productive", is difficult for me, especially when I was younger. I'd rather toss and turn then let my mind go to fall asleep. I take Zzzquil to help me sleep now, it kind of works, but it takes a few hours for it to kick in for me.

[QUOTE="nurseangela, #1 fear,[/QUOTE]

Death is nothing. I fear having to deal with life all by my self, talking to self to much and going mad, having no one to help me remember bills, taxes, apointments, life alone scares me to death!

Going to prison for a violent crime wherein the charges are accurate but unjustified is my number one. I've had to do some, *ahem* very serious things to defend myself and loved ones at various occasions throughout my life, and some of them, I had to explain myself to police. I occasionally worry that someone will try to severely beat me up (as in hospitalization would be necessary) or mug/rob me, and when I pull my knife out, that I would have to use it, and that it wouldn't be understood by the authorities. I don't want to have to use violence as a retaliation against violence, but I'm not just going to let someone put me in the hospital or kill me. So I suppose violence in general is just a huge fear of mine.

Number two would be to have my dog die of sudden, unpredictable causes, such as getting hit by a car, or whatever. There's no actual danger of any of the possibilities that go through my head when thinking about that scenario, but it still terrifies me. I can't really say for sure how or if I would be able to cope with that. One of the things I am going to approach with my new therapist is sort of breaking out of the shell of defining my life's purpose as taking care of my animals. I realize it's unhealthy to remain so attached to anything impermanent, so I certainly don't want my well-being and reason to live to depend on that.

I also have phobias of heights, being in natural or manmade bodies of water, and high speeds. There are just too many deadly variables that spring to mind immediately when dealing with those types of things.

Man, after typing all that, I realize I have a lot of fear and anxiety that I need to work on.

My jaw dislocating, again.
Being forced into a nursing home.
Strangely I have experienced my jaw dislocating many times, but it's only uncomfortable for a couple of days before it sorts itself out o_O. Last time was about a week ago.

I'm totally with you on the nursing home. If they put me into one of those I'll be sticking a fork into the power socket :(

Strangely I have experienced my jaw dislocating many times, but it's only uncomfortable for a couple of days before it sorts itself out o_O. Last time was about a week ago.

I'm totally with you on the nursing home. If they put me into one of those I'll be sticking a fork into the power socket :(

6 months...for the dislocation.
Stuck either open or shut.
Shut is better.
Open is horrid.

New Threads

Top Bottom