• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your one worst fear?

Public speaking is my worst fear. I suffer greatly with social anxiety so the mere possibility of having to make a speech is terrifying for me.

It seems we should face our fears when we must, but we don't have to go seeking out for them either.

Worst fear is being accused, arrested, convicted, sentenced for something I didn't do. Happens all the time in this world. Wouldn't matter if it was later overturned and I was freed, I'd be forever blacklisted and treated like the criminal I never was. If that happens to be my destiny then just kill me now. Please. One of the reasons I would prefer to live away from people, is to reduce the chance of this happening.
Actually, that's similar to what I was going to say. I have a recurring fear of accidentally getting into serious trouble and going to prison for it. It's pretty severe - I occasionally get nightmares about it, or it will suddenly occur to me very strongly, and I'll start freaking out a little inside.

After watching supernatural for a weekend...EVERYTHING!

But on a more serious note. I think I could write a whole 15 page essay on all my fears.
But number one must be death, not necessarily me dying but someone close to me. And also I have a very big fear of flying insects that bite. Really, I throw myself to the ground and hyperventilate when I think a bee is around me.

Dunno...spiders maybe. A tarantula once crawled up my body and onto my face. On my cheek. When I was about 8 years old. I couldn't stop screaming.
But I HATE public speaking. And being the center of attention. And embarrassment.

Becoming unable to take care of myself, either due to financial issues or physical ailments. I'm mostly afraid of what would become of my cats if I couldn't support and take care of them. I don't care so much about what would become of me, but I don't want my cats to suffer.

This is hard to pick one worse fear but i would say death.

Death to me or friends or family especially close friends or family

I have plenty of little things I don't mind admitting I don't like. Mirrors, windows at night, dark places where I can't see (and as a clumsy person, I feel this is a legitimate fear), large animals that are on edge, being forced to put on a little show for a bunch of judgmental jerks that can never be satisfied.
My less mundane fears are becoming homeless or starving to death because the economy is so crappy and I can't get a job, strange-looking people carrying guns and knives, the various buttholes that have threatened to have my kid taken away and/or threatened to kill me. I'm not too keen on facing the dying process someday either, I don't think it'll be very comfortable. Especially if one of those whackos do me in.

But all that I know I can confront and handle to a certain degree, but the number one thing that scares me I'd rather not mention. It's my only true phobia, and I know the older I get not only will the odds of it happening increase, but also the expectations I enjoy it increase. I'd honestly rather die than go through with it.

I have acrophobia, so... high places. And selachofobia... so... sharks.

Oh... Ofidiophobia.

Dont show me any pictures of those... shivers just thinking about it...

I am not afraid of most of the things most people are afraid of. The dark is nothing scarey to me, there is a moon and stars that allow for plenty of night vision, and on truly black nights they make these things called flash lights.

Death has not held sway over me for some time, everything that lives has to die, that is the way of life on our world.

I fear no evil either, most evil things would find their match or worse within me.

I am not particularly fond of things with too many legs (more than 4), but rather than being afraid of them I just tend to smash them briskly.

No risk of starving here, I am willing to kill/gut/skin/cook my own meat. As for homeless, shelter is easy enough to build. And I have enough surplus stored on my person to go a few weeks at a time between good meals and not freeze to death.

Sharks? Really? Just stay clear of the ocean people....... Sharks can not walk on dry land.....

I do have an unreasonable reaction to submerging my head in water, someone tried to hold me under and drown me as a child, twice, go figure that one stuck.

If I fear anything else anymore it is dieing before ever having actually qualified as having lived, sure I used up some oxygen and water and food, but would anybody even notice if I was gone? Will anyone care? Did anyone ever love me? This is of course completely self centered on my part, so it likely matters not.

The death of my children before me
The death of my partner
Dying very painfully and slowly, myself
Fast-flowing waterways
A truly widespread Islamist jihad
Clocks with human faces
Blue Meanies
Botfly larvae
Candiru fish
Marmite/Vegemite

I am similar to my grandfather in a lot of ways. Actually, I strongly suspect he was an aspie; undiagnosed, of course. He committed suicide a few years ago. He was so socially isolated by that point that it was several months before anyone realized he was gone. With my anxiety, my panic attacks and my agoraphobia, I can very easily see myself ending up that way. This terrifies me.

Also; spiders, heights.

Last edited:
Not having a purpose, that is not finding a way to be useful to society, not finding or not being able to create a meaning to my existence. My mother dying.

The death of my children before me
The death of my partner
Dying very painfully and slowly, myself
Fast-flowing waterways
A truly widespread Islamist jihad
Clocks with human faces
Blue Meanies
Botfly larvae
Candiru fish
Marmite/Vegemite

I sure am with you on that Islamist Jihad one. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom