• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your one worst fear?

Grumpy Cat

Mine is death (they say that giving a speech outranks death as the #1 fear, but I do pretty good with the speech thing). I've seen so much death (esp cancer), that I think I'm afraid of the process leading up to it (pain), but also what's waiting too (heaven, of course). OK, no laughing, but I want to surpass the whole death thing. The only way I figure that this can be done is through "The Rapture" of which I am a believer. I'm not a big bible reader, but I have found out that it's in the Bible. And from what is happening over in the Middle East, it surely appears that Revelations is being carried out. I know a lot of you don't believe in God and I totally respect that, but I have to have something to hold onto as a possibility. I know that there is something else out there because I have seen some strange things when patients have passed away. They "see" people in the room usually a couple days before they die. It's just the strangest thing. I also feel that it is an honor to be present with someone when they pass. It really makes you think about the reason why we're all here. So that's it, death is my worst fear.

That's interesting. I've heard similar accounts from those in the medical field as well. I'd think though after witnessing such paranormal phenomena over a period of time it would reduce or eliminate your fear of death. I've had my own experiences which permanently changed my outlook on such things. Now I just see death as a transition...from one plane of existence to another.

I have a horror of death for loved ones...but not my own demise.

Mine is being a child again and being vulnerable and exposed to people with no way to defend myself.

These paranormal experiences are normally hallucinations as a result of fatigue, medication or the medical condition itself i.e. a brain tumour.

My worst fear is that something bad will happen to one of my family members, especially to one of my daughters or grandson.

My number one fear is death since I'm in the last part of my life. It is very depressing and downright scary.

:{

Mine is being a child again and being vulnerable and exposed to people with no way to defend myself.
I vicariously fear for children. I imagine that much of your lack of feeling love that you have mentioned could be the result of a childhood devoid of the receiving of genuine love. Just a thought.

I have quite a common fear which is being buried alive or confined to an extremely small space. As a kid I once got trapped underneath my bed and couldn't move for several seconds and I experienced a sudden, terrible, claustrophobic feeling which was unbearable. Even falling from a high building would be less scary as it would probably only be a few seconds of terror followed by an instant black out.

Having to dance in front of people. Actually, I'm so bad at it and so terrified of it, I can't do it when alone. I'll sing, though, and make everyone wish they were deaf, or that I was mute. Right up there is that something will happen to one of my children, whom I would literally die or kill for.

Heights is my absolute, #1 fear. I have managed to gain enough control of the fear such that I can do some things regarding heights if I have to, such as the time we went walking up and down by a waterfall when I was in 11th grade, but it takes ALL my muster to not freak out. It has happened on a roller coaster or two that I have come very close to a panic attack, having not realized how high up I was going or, in the case of one VICIOUS roller coaster, that the thing dangled you over an 88 degree angle and kept pulling you up and letting you go before finally releasing you!! I was very impressed that I managed NOT to have a panic attack on that one. But I'll never forget the day I ended up on a glass walkway with glass rails on the 3rd floor of a building, with glass stairs behind me and a see-through bridge in front of me...

I have two major fears right now:

1. Losing my job - the demands on me for some days is almost too much for me to bear. Unexpected surprises come up, and I almost have a meltdown trying to figure things out. One time I had to feed paper into a machine that prints cell phone minutes. It was pure hell. The paper crinkled up while I had two customers waiting for me. The power cord did not seem to be for the cell phone machine but finally after a lot of frustration I plugged the power cord end into the cell phone machine. The power was back, making it easier to feed the paper into the roller. I had a terrible bout of dyspraxia that morning!!

2. Snapping at my parents - my father is very old-school and expects me to do things that only he has the talent and desire to do. Though I regard highly the craft of woodworking and carpentry, it is not in me naturally. I feel dyspraxic and clumsy with regard to handyman things. I would need heavy medication and nutritional supplementation to even begin to consider even using a table saw to cut a piece of wood. My mom, on the other hand, is extremely disabled and does not take care of her own health. Though she is diabetic she is still addicted to pastries and sweets. She is extremely stubborn with her diet, and has such bad hearing that I have screamed at her occasionally when I lost my patience with her. Then she replies to me, "Go ahead. You scream too." Boy I felt guilty after this reply.

Although I do occasionally enjoy my alone time, I'm afraid of going through life alone. I can't imagine being an elderly person, waiting out your last days on earth, and having no one.

Hmm... I'm not afraid of a lot of the typical things. I can handle working with bloody meat, mice, rats, spiders, snakes, heights, closed spaces, and seeing dead bodies, but things like giving a speech or failure are terrifying. When I was younger I was terrified of shots and deep water, though.

Running into my ex..girlfriend o.o

My last ex-girlfriend had rabid bi-polar disorder (still has). Not only do I FEAR running into her...but she shows up at my house every two years or so when she's in the middle of another mania attack. So, my fear is justified.

Probably my number one fear is that I'll suddenly find myself in an extreme anxiety situation and have an attack of trembling/shaking. It's not only terrifying to deal with, but it looks really bad as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom