• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Favorite Number?

My favorite number is (if it's not slightly obvious)... 8 !

It's a lucky number in many Eastern cultures and it's the 7th number in the Fibonacci sequence (where 7, is seemingly a lucky number in many Western cultures). It's also well balanced, and almost looks like an upright infinity sign.

It's a lucky number in many Eastern cultures and it's the 7th number in the Fibonacci sequence (where 7, is seemingly a lucky number in many Western cultures). It's also well balanced, and almost looks like an upright infinity sign.

I was going to say eight, also. It is my 2nd favorite number.

Fibonacci sequence :)

Lateralus - Tool (Music based on the Fibonacci Sequence)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say eight, also. It is my 2nd favorite number.

Fibonacci sequence :)

[2, another Fibonnaci number]

I studied some of that in college and wish I dove more into Modern Mathematics. Maybe sometime soon (I certainly have to brush it up a bit before I begin it again). That's where math, to me anyhow, get's a bit crazy. I was rather indifferent to math until I started to get into science and read vaguely about spiral growth in nature. Other little things as I read more, like probability really became interesting as well.
I'd like to know more about some different topics in Game Theory, though.

I think math is overlooked quite a bit. It can seriously be massively interesting and a bit crazy if you get into it.
I believe that's what that movie Pi was about.
:p

I love the movie Pi, one of my favorites.

Game Theory: A complex topic. I am a programmer and do game design at times. Mathematics plus graphics is a wonderful combination.

I am also extremely interested in Artificial Intelligence: Math-heavy. I have started theoretical designs of A.I. systems but have not yet programmed them.

4 ...44 ... 444 .... 22... 13 ... and I just like numbers in general :) even though I'm not one of those people who can calculate in seconds in their minds.

Last edited:
I like 9 the best.

All Geordies love 9, 9 is the squad number for the legendary position of central striker, 9 is the number of royalty, and 9 is the last number from 0-9, before the right-most digit turns to 0.

9 is 3*3 or 3^2, 9 is often confused with 6 - another good number, and 9 happens to be first digit of bus routes in my town.

I love the movie Pi, one of my favorites.

Game Theory: A complex topic. I am a programmer and do game design at times. Mathematics plus graphics is a wonderful combination.

I am also extremely interested in Artificial Intelligence: Math-heavy. I have started theoretical designs of A.I. systems but have not yet programmed them.

How do you like programming? I never thought of it before, but the mathematics + graphics thing kind of intrigued me.

How do you like programming? I never thought of it before, but the mathematics + graphics thing kind of intrigued me.

Thank-you for your reply.

Programming is wonderful and also difficult/frustrating at times.

I cannot claim to be the world's best programmer - I need much more practice.

I enjoy it and find it to be a great science.

*The image, below, is of a game I designed and am building - It is a kite flying game.

View attachment 899

Regards,
Matthew

Thank-you for your reply.

Programming is wonderful and also difficult/frustrating at times.

I cannot claim to be the world's best programmer - I need much more practice.

I enjoy it and find it to be a great science.

*The image, below, is of a game I designed and am building - It is a kite flying game.

View attachment 899

Regards,
Matthew

Ha, I like this. It has a kids art sort of feel to it, but a bit darker.

I used to like 82 as a kid and I have no idea why. I liked the even-ness of it and i liked that the tenth's place digit was higher than the one's place one.
Other than that, there was no mathematical rationale behind me choosing that one. I just liked it.
I feel like the idea of having a favorite number is absurd to NTs.

I also sort of like 7. It has some symbolic significance too since it's what you get when you add 3 and 4. I also like 7 because Akira Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai is one of my favorite movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says who? I know NTs who like 8 because it's a lucky number that brings wealth. At least, in the Sinosphere

Says who? I know NTs who like 8 because it's a lucky number that brings wealth. At least, in the Sinosphere
Kay yeah, I guess that makes sense. I think obsessing over a number is something not everyone does though.
Anyway, you reminded me of this:
Jennifer 8. Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
She's a Chinese-American Journalist who changed her middle name to 8 precisely because it has that lucky connotation in Chinese too.

I used to like 666 (number of the beast), 13 (another unlucky number) and 911, immediately after the 9/11 attacks. If we'd survived that catastrophe, then it doesn't matter what number we use, and fear of certain numbers really sounded stupid...

Now, I just like any numbers as they are. But 9 is still welcome

New Threads

Top Bottom