• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Unspecified Intellectual Disability?

My stroke caused some issues with my spelling.so your in good company.

Thank you!

I should get tested again for Intellectual Disability, that report that I talked about here is very old and outdated, that old test was done in 2003.

Nowadays, I am just considered to have profound learning disorder.

These things change throughout history and cultures. In the ancient world, it was over the cliff or onto the baby pile. It was not safe to be "different" because the pack depended on one another.

Then, especially after WWII, no one wanted to be like the Nazis. Prior to WWII, the US was busily sterilizing people they felt were unfit. Apparently the Nazis liked our eugenics program quite a bit.

Fast forward and now the disabled are monetized to such an extent that it's quite advantageous for some cultures (like in the US) to dx people left and right.

But some DXes get a whole lot more Gvt Funding than others. Autism is a slam dunk. Grants out the wazoo. Schizophrenia? Eh, not so much. However, before the DSM the APA issued a manual with about two diagnoses. Neurosis and psychosis. These were all subject to the lobotomy later one.... Imagine all the grant money to lobotomize people. You don't have to imagine because it was a lot.

How Government Prolonged the Lobotomy | FDAReview.org

My point is, for long-termers, watch how your DXes change over the years in the wording. One dr might say you have PTSD, another depressed, another OCD but your heart drs all have the same dxs over the years. Odd.

Now check to see what illness get all the funding and see if you have a shift in your dxes toward those dxes. Example, did your OCD suddenly get put under the umbrella of your autism where once it stood alone and sad and got no help? Now you qualify for help. And so do the institutions dxing and treating you.

America will always dx and treat according to money $$$.

Follow the history of PDD, etc and NOS's which a Dr can mold any old way to fill an insurance requirement.

It's all about the money.

Sometimes I suspect there are certain terminologies that exist that are designed to bury the truth only because science and medicine doesn't want to admit that they don't have a clear and concise answer. Yet in so many bureaucracies medical records can be "etched in stone" for unsuspecting patients.

Ironic given all the professional liability that follows medical professionals. Especially with legal systems where ambiguities themselves can be fundamentally held against those who perpetrate them. Go figure!

In any event I hope the OP finds what he's looking for.

New Threads

Top Bottom