• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food or drink are you craving currently?

It's not unusual in the USA for farmers to be paid to NOT grow crops or raise livestock to prevent price deflation and farmers going out of business or being forced to sell their land when they can't get a decent price for their products due to overproduction. I don't doubt there are some lousy farmers who make more money from the government by not growing crops, etc. than they would make if they did bring their products to market. There was a glut of dairy milk here a few years ago, and the images of farmers dumping fresh milk was sad.
We had that in the EU some years ago, the farmers had a quta on how much milk they were allowed to sell, so they complained loudly about it and the quta was removed, which resulted in the prices dropping, what did the farmers do,? They started complaining about the low prices...

It's not unusual in the USA for farmers to be paid to NOT grow crops or raise livestock to prevent price deflation and farmers going out of business or being forced to sell their land when they can't get a decent price for their products due to overproduction. I don't doubt there are some lousy farmers who make more money from the government by not growing crops, etc. than they would make if they did bring their products to market. There was a glut of dairy milk here a few years ago, and the images of farmers dumping fresh milk was sad.

I saw an ad for eggs now on a site where people buy and sell stuff. 600 kroner for 12 eggs. That's around 60 US dollars... It's cheaper to buy drugs.

I saw an ad for eggs now on a site where people buy and sell stuff. 600 kroner for 12 eggs. That's around 60 US dollars... It's cheaper to buy drugs.
Fly out here and I will help smuggle eggs into your country. We can both become billionaires this way.

We had that in the EU some years ago, the farmers had a quta on how much milk they were allowed to sell, so they complained loudly about it and the quta was removed, which resulted in the prices dropping, what did the farmers do,? They started complaining about the low prices...

Do you have eggs in Denmark? We are now running out of milk, eggs and potatoes here. Our genius politicians did something.

Last edited:
Do you have eggs in Denmark? We are now running out of milk, eggs and potatoes here. Our genius politicians did something. This is one of the richest and most developed countries in the world and we don't have eggs, milk and potatoes... What is happening.
I didn't experience any shortage here... I guess Norway have some import restrictions to protect the local farmers?

I didn't experience any shortage here... I guess Norway have some import restrictions to protect the local farmers?

I'm coming to Denmark for eggs. :D You guys will soon be overrun with desperate Norwegians on an egg hunt. ;)

I could go for about a 1L of ice-cold ginger ale in a frosted glass.

Same! Or a super tart and sweet and rich raspberry pop. Or some sort of upscale and very acidic carbonated gourmet lemonade.

Technically, I do have an excuse to have soft drinks. One of my concomitant disorders along with ASD is achlorydia (low stomach acid) and low intrinsic factor that causes pernicious anaemia, so my stomach & digestive enzymes need a bit of a boost with carbonation, bitters and biotics.

Sadly, what those drinks aren’t good for are teeth, weight and blood sugar! So it’s a fine balance. I try to stick to either plain sugar free Pellegrino/perrier, organic soft drinks or tonic water rather than coke and the like, but it’s hard.

OIP.jpg

With BBQ sauce...yum...

New Threads

Top Bottom