• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What does 20-something neurotypicals do, for fun and social time?

Watch and maybe even play sports, listen to top 40 music, go to bars/clubs weekly and/or the beach, many go to the gym. These are all typical for many people in their 20s. If you're near a big city, try meetup.com to find activities that suit your interests. Even if not, it might be worth the drive as long as you have a car. Or if you don't/can't have a car but have money, do Lyft and Uber instead. With unusual interests especially, there's no good reason to be picky about age. Just as long as you enjoy the activity and the community, that's what ultimately matters.
You're right :)

well SalanaEiyungAisis ,you could look up Meet up clubs in your area and see if anything you like is near by.

But manly I just say Hi a few times and then stop and chat for a short bit ask a few random questions about work and hobbies....each time I cross paths I lengthen the chat a small bit giving them time to get use to me.
But with most people if you focus on them they are happy to talk....everyone wishes someone else would find them interesting. We sometime get to thinking us aspies are the only lonely unappreciated people in the world but allot of NTs feel left out too!
Even Putin the leader of Russia got ignored at a summit dinner and ended up all by himself....maybe he is a little scary but I didn't feel that was right somehow.:(

Pick a nice easy going person SalanaEiyungAisis ...and just give them a little nod or Hi and go from there...if it doesn't work, don't worry about it and pick another one there are lots of fish :blowfish::blowfish::blowfish::blowfish::blowfish: in the sea.

well SalanaEiyungAisis ,you could look up Meet up clubs in your area and see if anything you like is near by.

But manly I just say Hi a few times and then stop and chat for a short bit ask a few random questions about work and hobbies....each time I cross paths I lengthen the chat a small bit giving them time to get use to me.
But with most people if you focus on them they are happy to talk....everyone wishes someone else would find them interesting. We sometime get to thinking us aspies are the only lonely unappreciated people in the world but allot of NTs feel left out too!
Even Putin the leader of Russia got ignored at a summit dinner and ended up all by himself....maybe he is a little scary but I didn't feel that was right somehow.:(

Pick a nice easy going person SalanaEiyungAisis ...and just give them a little nod or Hi and go from there...if it doesn't work, don't worry about it and pick another one there are lots of fish :blowfish::blowfish::blowfish::blowfish::blowfish: in the sea.
Putin is a very controversial figure in politics, but I like him as a person. I would sat down with Vlad and kept him company :)

New Threads

Top Bottom