• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do YOU look at?

I don't know why, but I have not been able to get my mind off this thread. I think because I keep wondering if you walk with your head down. I didn't realize I did until several people told me to stop. It took some practice walking, not looking at the ground, but I got better at it (though sometimes I still think I'm going to fall). I think when I always looked down I probably noticed shoes more and first. (I think I wasn't going to sleep until I said that). :)
No wait! I DO still look at the ground when I walk. I noticed that when I was walking around the path trying to look at hot springs in Yellowstone this summer, if there wasn't a rail to hold onto I would have to come to a stop to look, then walk some more. I can not look around and walk. - But I think, just like faces, I don't see the shoes - just figures walking past.

I don’t think I judge, but I become aggravated by -

Large face and neck tattoos
Improper speaking
Someone smoking in my face
Gross teeth

So maybe I judge a little, but I don’t think I really do

What they say.
I don't recognize something revealing at the moment of conversation (usually) but then maybe an hour or 2 later something they said will pop back up in my mind. It's usually something worthy of being noted consciously (since the subconscious brought it back up).
After enough time and interaction with the person i can get a pretty good idea on what people are really like through their freudian slips. What they really think. Who they really are.

New Threads

Top Bottom