• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your favorite albums from the year you were born?

. . .

V.I.P Member
What are your favorite albums from the year you were born?

The only albums from the year I was born that come to mind that I enjoy listening to are Black Celebration by Depeche Mode and The Queen is Dead by The Smiths -- both brilliant albums. Those albums happen to be my favorite studio albums by both groups. My favorite Smiths album is actually their compilation Louder than Bombs, but their best studio album definitely is The Queen is Dead IMO.
depeche-mode-black-celebration.jpg
the-smiths-the-queen-is-dead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinead O'Connor's 'I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got'.

It's her first, and perhaps, most memorable album.

Nothing Compares 2 U - and Sinead O'Connor herself.

D.R.I. - Thrash Zone (released on the day I was born)
Operation Ivy - Energy
Nirvana - Bleach
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Minor Threat - Complete Discography

Hmmm....I do not know what was popular in 1946. They did have music then, right?

Last edited:
LOL. I don't have any from the year I was born. But the first album I ever bought was the Dave Clark Five's Greatest Hits.

My first 45 record was "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones.

Fun topic. The Rush album and the the Don Williams album. I had to look up what albums came out, but it turns out I like a lot of the music of that era.

2 of my favourite albums of the late 70s didn't come till Bat out of hell in 1977 and then Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds in 1978, or was it 79? I'll check Wikipedia after tea.

I do not own this album, nor am I a very good swimmer, but I like the beach rock genre.
ef84f49053a179b8d10f64d3c218af29.600x600x1.jpg

The Beach Boys - Surfin' Safari​

As I recall one of the first albums I listened to was a record of TV themes, which included the themes from old stuff like Doctor Who, Play School and loads of other stuff from as far back as the late 60s/early 70s.

There was a few notable names releasing albums in 1990, Mike Oldfield, The Cure, Fleetwood Mac and David Bowie. But none of them were really stand out albums in my opinion. So, it's kind of doesn't count because it's a compilation but I'll have to go with Led Zeppelin's Led Zeppelin.

led zeppelin remasters box set 4cds front cover download.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom