• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

... My dream gun is a WWII era Colt 1911.

Made by who? There were so many. Singer, Remington, IBM. I like working on 1911's. I do wonder what I could accomplish with a bolt action rifle. I don't have the skill to do the bedding but I think I could do some nice work on the trigger assembly and many of the other parts. Ah, no guns now.

I know what you mean about shooting. I would spend more time cleaning than shooting. Hours on one pistol, down to Q-Tips. They would be super clean. But people seem to think badly now about guns, I do not know why but I also do not mean to start any argument. I just like machines. I think I would enjoy working on fixing a safe door or rebuilding a motorcycle engine. I like parts and attention to detail and making everything work the best it can. Good feeling to hear something run right. I have had more objects as friends than people.

Cool, have any pics of the closers? What is your job in the building? Private message me if you want,
Hear from you soon!
Here you go! This is a typical closer in the old part of the building.
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

I'm obsessed with Zootopia at the moment. Also Invader ZiM. I'm thinking I might try redrawing some of the funnier scenes from IZ with Judy as Zim and Nick as Gir.

Aspergers, hemochromatosis, home design, anything medical can trap me for hours and hours, and that is putting a strain on my social life. My family is sick of my obsessive researching.

Getting back in shape.
I could run once, but my last run was for an hour in March 2012. Now, due to some foot and leg problems, I can't run. Don't know if I ever will again.
I haven't cared about health or diet since that time, but about a month ago I finally got myself to start eating healthy, cutting back on portions, and exercising. I started going back to the little gym I go to. They got a new stationary bike, and an elliptical that I've been using. Those have been working out well in the place of running. The funny thing about those machines is they have built in programs, but nobody that goes there knows how to use them except for me because I took the time to find and study the manuals on line, and get a heart monitor that syncs with the machines to work the programs.
I'm down 7 pounds in a month. Down 35 would be my ultimate goal. 25 is probably a realistic goal.:)
Still doing the healthy eating and exercising thing. Using the stationary bike, elliptical, and fighting my compartment syndrome and heal spurs to actually get a couple 5 minute jogs in on the treadmill. Down about 18 lbs now.

I am planning to go around the world by plane and train. Booked half the trip so far. First leg, fly from London to New York. Then across the United States by train via Chicago, Denver, the Rockies and Sacramento to Los Angeles. From Los Angeles, I fly to Osaka, Japan. If all goes well, it's a ferry from Japan to Vladivostok, Russia train across Siberia to Moscow, train on to Paris, then a Eurostar high speed train through the Channel Tunnel (aka 'Chunnel') and back to London.

The last week, I've been completely obsessed with railways in the US: history, operations, Amtrak, transit systems. The lot.

Having a few mini obsessions. The dancer Vaslav Nijinsky, Greek language (which for years has been ongoing but comes and goes) and the pre-Socratic Greek philosopher Protagoras. But haven't found any source for him, probably not possible.

I am planning to go around the world by plane and train. Booked half the trip so far. First leg, fly from London to New York. Then across the United States by train via Chicago, Denver, the Rockies and Sacramento to Los Angeles. From Los Angeles, I fly to Osaka, Japan. If all goes well, it's a ferry from Japan to Vladivostok, Russia train across Siberia to Moscow, train on to Paris, then a Eurostar high speed train through the Channel Tunnel (aka 'Chunnel') and back to London.

The last week, I've been completely obsessed with railways in the US: history, operations, Amtrak, transit systems. The lot.
I've done a lot of train travel here in the states, it is my favorite way to travel. The system isn't as efficient as elsewhere, slower, has to yield to freight trains, but the trip you plan is a good one for seeing the vastness of the country, and the incredible diversity of environments.

Having a few mini obsessions. The dancer Vaslav Nijinsky, Greek language (which for years has been ongoing but comes and goes) and the pre-Socratic Greek philosopher Protagoras. But haven't found any source for him, probably not possible.
You like Greek philosophers too. I like Greek philosophers like Socrates,Plato,homer. I really like a all Greek philosophers those are the ones I could think of.

I think I'm currently on a break from obsessions. Every time I think one is gaining steam, it fizzles out. But I seem to be a bit more efficient with them now, devote myself to gathering the information, researching, reaching some conclusion, then on to something else. And I've been pretty limited in my goings on, so haven't met any people to get "attached" to.

They seem to roll through on a cyclical pattern for me. I love reading. When the "cycle-system" is happening, when I'm active physically and very busy mentally: those are my happy times.
I am on a very manic event now where everything is coming together in my personal world.
There have been many improvements to my living area recently alongside tons of repairs on the outside of my home and my pole building.
Fixing things has become a daily detail for me now that the weather allows comfortable outside time.
With any luck,my ultimate mancave/apartment in my pole building may finally be a reality this summer. I'm pretty tired of living in a construction zone and the cave will allow me to fully concentrate on my remodeling project. I should have a pretty cool home once it all comes together ;)

Last edited:
They seem to roll through on a cyclical pattern for me. I love reading. When the "cycle-system" is happening, when I'm active physically and very busy mentally: those are my happy times.
I am a voracious reader, more for research and being informed, while I used to also read "for pleasure" ie. fiction, I don't spend as much time with that now, except for the occasional short story. Still, it is all a pleasure.

That may be why I cycle through obsessive interest more. In the past, my interests were based on learning skills and experience based. Still room for a lot of reading, but more time and effort spent on doing. Now, aside from running and biking, most of my doing is work, chores, cooking, cleaning.

Just came off a deep obsessive run of study and practice. I practiced and studied all day, dreamt the same. Didn't sleep well. Finally got myself to stop and I am taking a break. I wish I didn't have to stop and could continue the obsessive learning, I enjoy it so much. But it seems to take a toll on the rest of me. Argh. Wish my body wasn't human, there would be so much more I could do :)

I guess my last obsession was Ford "N" series tractors. My dad had one for a short time for plowing the driveway, and I was interested in getting one for my Twenty Acre Wood. I spent a good portion of every day for about a month reading about, looking at, and thinking about them. I can still smell the odd mix of gas, oil, grease and old rubber that emanates off them. (not to mention the dirt, hay and manure).

New Threads

Top Bottom