• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

Hi kestrel!

I remembered your invitation for some pictures.

I did get some success but not completely as the heads are small. However the fractal pattern is clearly seen and I feel grateful to have the results I do have. The self-similar, repeating pattern is clearly seen with a careful, close look.

I have quite a few but it is tricky for me to move a JPEG file to this forum but this picture is one of the better ones. If you would like more pics please let me know.

You should be able to double-click on the image to get a larger one.

View attachment 21551
Thanks! That is a lovely picture. If you feel like and it is convenient to post more pics I'd like that. We were just talking about patterns this evening, so this is a nice coincidence.

I'm still interested in retro video games, old radios, and anime of course, but now I am beginning to have an interest in vintage computers as well.

I noticed in last few months that I've been interested in certain dog breeds, notably Pugs since I've had a new Pug puppy. I bought a book about them a month ago.

Other obsessions include retro consoles, RPG Maker VX Ace, comic-creating and animations. I also read spooky stories from time to time ^.^

Thanks! That is a lovely picture. If you feel like and it is convenient to post more pics I'd like that. We were just talking about patterns this evening, so this is a nice coincidence.

Hi kestrel,

Thanks for your posting! Here are a couple more pictures for you. Here you can really see the buds reflecting the pattern of the original, in crisp detail.

P1000583.JPG P1000594.JPG

Have a great day!

I started off trying to draw American-style comic art. I began to collect and customize 1:6 action dolls for use as face-model lay figures, and branched off into that collection.

I also take note of animal forms to imbue diversification into my figure drawing.

Also, etymology, particularly onomastics. I have named eleven children plus the said lay figures.

Oh yeah,... cryptology, logic grid puzzles and sudoku...

Last edited:
*Aspergers
*Vampires
*Cleaning house (my OCD has been in high gear recently)
*Stuffed animals (I have to show some self-restraint when I go shopping and see the TY display)

• Forums for EDS and Asperger's (first has been diagnosed, second only self-recognised)

• Minecraft. Hubby and daughter are into it to but I'm noticing how I play it differently. I build but I also like to mine hills straight through or down to ground level.

• Sign language. This has been an interest since I was about 11 but I've never managed to learn it properly. Without wanting to sound odd, my fantasy play often involves me pretending to be mute and signing. I make up whole scenarios. It relaxes me and helps me to wind down. It is also ultra personal, my secret stimm. I wonder if any of you do similar?

• Tea. Love it, preferably ones that can have (soya) milk added.

My obsession has been backhoe loaders, especially the yellow ones. I've always had a thing for backhoe loaders since my teens but for the past 6 years, I have gone nuts over them and have quite a collection of die cast backhoe loaders now. I dream about them even.

;)

My current obsessions are:
Disneyland: Although it's been a little over 5 years since I've been there, I will be going at the first available opportunity.
Conjoined twins: Ever since the first time I ever saw a picture of two women joined back to back, it's been an obsession of mine, although there were times it's kind of been on the back burner.
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Ever since a friend introduced me to it, it's been my most recent obsession.

Obsessed with reading all the literary Classics, at least of European and American culture.

The Disney/Pixar movie Inside Out is my latest one, and one that's been really intense at that! I watched it for the first time yesterday and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it (or looking up fanart and fanfiction) since.

I think that if I had to pick a favorite emotion, it would be Disgust. I really like girls with attitude for some reason (that's why most of my favorite anime girls are tsundere). I think part of me wishes I could be that sarcastic all the time and get away with it like they do!

Birds. Current, past, future interests are all birds. I love birds. Past special interests:
-birds. Specifically magpies.
-babies
-trees
-fantasy
-reading
-Victorian/Regency/Georgian eras. (1700s-1850s)
-English history (50 BCE-1900 CE)
-European history (especially Napoleonic Wars)
-medieval ages
-animals
But mostly birds. ❤️❤️

Fitness. I'm currently training and preparing for a figure competition this Spring.
When I do something, I'm all in, so I've hired a retired professional body builder to coach me, work out 6 days a week, and adhere to a strict meal plan formulated by my coach.

Writing (for over two years now)
reading (for... maybe as lon as I can read, but stronger these days)
the song "tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree" (since yesterday) I sometimes get obsessed with a song, until I learn it and sing it in karaoke. I know I'm weird.
Other obessions are either under control or taken care of (I managed to throw them away at least for now).

New Threads

Top Bottom